Quelques Fleurs LIVE Video Sniff

Hey Hey All You Happy Huffers,

Today Margeaux (David) and I are thrilled to bring you a vintage Quelques Fleurs by Robert Bienaime for Houbigant in 1913. It is the only fragrance created by him that Fragrantica has listed. Soon I will bring you a full post on Quelques Fleurs.

QuelquesFleurs FragranticaPhoto Stolen Fragrantica

Fragrantica gives these featured accords:
Top: Orange blossom, green notes, tarragon, bergamot, lemon, citruses
Heart: Carnation, tuberose, orchid, lilac, orris root, jasmine, heliotrope, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley, rose, violet, iris
Base: Sandalwood, tonka bean, amber, musk, civet, oakmoss, honey and vanilla.

Further reading 1000Flowers
FragranceX has 50ml EdP $39

Thanks for watching, I hope you have a great time watching our silliness.

Till tomorrow take care of you and yours,

18 comments on “Quelques Fleurs LIVE Video Sniff

1. David Watson says:

We’re so nutty in these 🙂
    That was a good one though!!

2. sinnerman01 says:

Ohhhh ! Great price point , look forward to full review.
    It sounds wonderful from top to bottom notes.
    Enjoyed the live sniff on the bus to work today, thanks Portia ! X.

3. You both are hysterical! I love the hat and can’t wait for the full review.

4. ladyjickyad says:

My first thought was …. Mmmmm , has it gone “off” ???
    Then you said it was vintage …… see , back then you got the real deal and it was stronger and lasted longer . Sadly we will never see this in our perfumes today 🙁
    Was it very floral or did the base take over ???

5. ladyjicky says:

When I was first watching you I was wondering “Has it gone “off”???” — then you mentioned the sample was Vintage !
    Sadly we will not see this sort of thing again with the real base ingredients etc 🙁 — boy you sure got a “bang for your buck” in the older days !
    Portia – did it turn to a very floral scent after awhile or did that base just take over??
    You hear people talk of this scent and how the bottle you buy now is a poor reproduction . I have never smelt it so very curious 🙂

6. Madeleine says:

Hey Portia,

I love the modern Quelques Fleurs even though perfumistas disdain at the difference to the Original. However they’re obviously right – the new is a rich white floral, no amber. Still havent tried Houbigant Fougere Royale but dying to get my hands on the orange blossom. Interested in your thoughts once you’ve spent more time with this one!

Love M x

7. ladyjicky says:

Sorry Portia – I had some trouble as I had to log on again ! Rrrrr
    so that is why you got me twice – I thought the first time did not get through.
    Ooo – not long lasting 🙁
    I will be interested to read your later report — would you buy a bottle I wonder??

8. Tara says:

I loved the vintage version – wore it a lot way back in the day – but the modern version doesn’t do it for me. As you say the depth is gone.