Hello Lovely Fragranciers,

Recently my mate Birgit from Olfactoria’s Travels was clearing out her frag cupboard of FB bought with best intentions and sitting unloved and unworn on her shelves. I jumped on that list like a spider on a fly and while I wanted to buy almost everything on it I exercised a very little used restraint muscle buying only three bottles. Believe me, that was AGONY! So much amazing stuff on the list. The first lovely bottle I purchased is

Iris Nobile by Acqua de Parma 2006

Iris Nobile by Acqua de Parma Photo Stolen Fragrantica

Fragrantica gives these featured accords:
Top: Orange, mandarin, bergamot, anise, iris
Heart: Iris, orange blossom, ylang-ylang, tuberose, mimosa, cedar
Base: Amber, Vanilla

My nose os not fully back so I am working off memory as well as my current wearing. The opening is not a room shaking statement maker in Iris Nobile but a restrained, crisp, sweet fragrance like a good New Zealand Sem Sav Blanc. Refreshing and elegant to begin and warming as the bouquet waltzes through but the warmth is a defrosting more than anything; Iris Nobile becomes more welcoming and engaging in the heart, where I am taken in and enjoy the richness but I lose any trace of fragrance at about 3 hours on my skin and never get much vanilla and amber, just a soft hint as it disappears. Maybe it is skin-ish but i can’t smell anything.

Soft, elegant and restrained are not normally words that I like to bandy about when talking about the perfumes I prefer but here we have all of that and it is beautiful. Wearable in any situation, even close workspaces as long as no one is fragrance phobic. Iris Nobile by Acqua de Parma sets a new bar for my Iris love.

Iris Nobile by Acqua de Parma Photo Stolen DJFever

Further reading at BoisDeJasmin and ISmellThereforeIAm

TradeServices has 100ml EdP $127
SurrenderToChance starts at $3/ml

Is there something quiet that you have in your scent wardrobe, a classy cool customer that whispers? Have you tried Iris Nobile by Acqua de Parma? What did you think?

Have I thanked you lately for reading? THANK YOU!! It is beyond thanks how grateful I feel towards all you readers and commenters, it feels like my online family and makes me smile. We work really hard to bring you an entertaining look at fragrance and other things, enjoy.

Till we see you tomorrow be good to yourselves and those in your orbit,

26 comments on “Iris Nobile EdP by Francoise Caron and Francis Kurkdjian for Acqua de Parma 2006

1. lucasai says:

I really like Iris Nobile EdP. I used to have a bottle but after wearing it for a longer time I got bored with it.

2. catalina can says:

Love Acqua di Parma although nothing beats Colonia for me x

• I have a buddy who smells DIVINE in Colonia. Lovely choice,

• There was a time when I wore Acqua de Parma Colonia all the time and exclusively. I went through tons of it. Still love it.

It’s funny: I was just sniffing this again in the store today and the SA asked me if I had a chance to try Acqua de Parma Oud. They came out with an oud too?! Wow. Not even this venerable house was immune.

(The AdP Oud was recognizable as AdP, but the Colonia is still my favorite)

• OMG!! I want to try the AdP Oud!!
        I have never worn Colonia because it is so my buddy I would feel like stealing,

• Yes, I stopped wearing Colonia and also Kiehl’s Original Musk because friends started wearing it too.

They had no problems stealing 🙁

But do seek out AdP Oud! It smells like a weird chimera, like Colonia but with oud stuck to it!

I almost bought a few things from Birgit too but when I looked at the Christmas shopping list I held back. I’m kicking myself now of course because now that I’ve been shopping and spending I’m ready to spend more. I haven’t tried Iris Nobile but I have tried a few other iris scents and most just whisper on me.

4. Tatiana says:

This really is such a lovely scent. I try it quite often when I pass by the bottles in my local department store. But for some reason I can’t seem to bring myself to spring for a full bottle. Maybe if it was available in a 10 to 15mL size I’d be more eager to purchase it. Guess I will need to find a split of it somewhere.
    I love reading this blog so much. Thanks for the effort and care you put into it. Hope you and all your loved ones have a happy holiday!

5. ianstammy says:

I haven’t sniffed this; it sounds absolutely lovely. I tend to really love iris in perfumes, but it makes me feel as though I ought to behave myself,.It also has the effect of somehow knowing that my mascara is smudged, my skirt should have been ironed and that my shoes are too comfortable to be chic.

Needless to say, I don’t have a lot of iris in my perfume collection. I really should get a few decants, though, because I do truly love the scent. Would this be a good one to start with?

6. laniersmith says:

Something quite and elegant in my wardrobe? Let me look…. well there is the lovely 132 year old Acqua Classica by Borsari, the lushly elegant Gold by Donna Karan, And finally the beauty of the bunch, Cristalle by Chanel.
    I need to check out all of the Acqua de Parma line. I walk by it all the time at the perfume counters and think “Oh I bet I would like that” but never stop to test it. I always seem to be entranced buy something else. This Iris Nobile sounds really lovely. Time for a Acqua de Parma day at Union Square!

7. Christine W says:

I discovered Iris Nobile (EDP) a few months ago after falling hard for AdP Profumo. To me, IN is a ‘perfect’ any-occasion scent which exudes breezy, classy, femininity: I could wear it every day if I didn’t have so many other bottles waiting for their own time in the sun. There seems to be a certain AdP ‘signature’ in their scents that does something special for me! Next time I order samples from TPC I’m planning to grab some Magnolia Nobile and Gelsomino Nobile to see if they as are gorgeous as IN. Have you tried the other Nobiles?

8. Marie says:

Iris Nobile is a weird perfume for me. The first time that I smelled it I thought it was very strong and much more OB than my beloved iris. But I kept coming back to that scent everytime I entered a perfume shop. My first impression changed, I could now see the soft beautyful iris and was often getting compliments while wearing IN: friends & family said that this was MY scent. They never said so before and I thought that I was ready for a full bottle.
    Now the tragic is that the magic was gone only a couple of weeks later: everybody else could smell IN except me. I don’t know if my nose grew tired of the scent but I had to literally douse myself in IN to get one hour of wear time. The end of the (very long – sorry for this!) story is that I was frustraded and sold my bottle to an online perfumista friend.
    My friends still ask me for “that perfume” but I have already moved on and have fallen for other scents. Still, I can totally relate to your review of IN 🙂

9. Shiloh says:

I’m glad to hear that your nose is returning to a more clear state! I am still a newbie swimming in big waters, so I am not certain what Iris smells like yet. But, my got-to classy and quiet fragrance is Chanel Allure. On me it’s the right amount of sweet and sour. I’ve loved it since I was 18. 🙂

Acqua di Parma is definitely not “my brand”: all perfumes I tried were just OK which wasn’t enough for the price. My quet perfumes come from Jo Malone (also not cheap but 30 ml bottles make it much better 😉 ).

I hope you’re feeling better.