Cote d’Amour by Celine Ellena for L’Artisan Parfumeur 2009

Hello lovelies,

Do you ever go and check out SurrenderToChance Daily Chance Specials? I try and have a quick squiz a couple of times a week because sometimes you can grab a bargain on things that slipped under your radar, were too expensive originally, you wanted but forgot or were always in your wish list. Here is one such find that I read about when it was released, was interested, didn’t get immediately, forgot. Same old story, with thousands of fragrance releases each year some really excellent stuff is bound to get swamped by bigger advertising budgets.

Cote d’Amour by L’Artisan Parfumeur

CoteD'Amour FragranticaPhoto Stolen Fragrantica

Fragrantica gives these featured accords:
Top: Salt flower, green tangerine, pink grapefruit
Heart: Dune immortal flower, rosemary, cypress, gorse blossom, rose, broom, heather
Base: Laburnum, maritime pine, floated wood.

Super Luxe Spa is how I would describe Cote d’Amour. There is a beachy, seaside, relaxed ambience about it that instantly brings a smile and sigh of contentment. The salty and sweet/acidic citrus opening warms into a light, dry, breezy floral on my skin alongside a herbaceous bouquet with a little old fashioned suntan lotion thrown in for good measure. The fresh vanilla dry down happens around 3-4 hours and is so unusual in itself with whispers of the green woodsy notes and salt shimmering against each other in the background. Then Cote d’Amour leaves me with a very faint salt skin tang for another hour or so before I completely lose it.

619-00821200Photo Stolen MasterLife

An card carrying, certified, eco friendly, natural and organic perfume! WOW! There is another on L’Artisan’s lists L’Eau de Jatamansi that is more Natural-In-Your-Face smelling but until I read on the net that this was a natural fragrance I had no idea, for a L’Artisan this gets quite a long life span too. Cote d’Amour is interesting, unusual and pretty while maintaining a completely unisex wearability, if I were a one perfume per season type of person this could very easily be my summer choice, or to remind me of the scents of beachside summer holidays. I think you could happily wear Cote d’Amour anywhere, including close office work unless they are severely fragrance phobic.

Sadly it seems that they have discontinued Cote d’Amour on the L’Artisan website but it’s still available very reasonably at some discounters online.

Beach independantVoyagerPhoto Stolen IndependantVoyager

Further reading KatiePuckrikSmells
eGlobalBeauty has 250ml/$145 including shipping
SurrenderToChance starts at 1ml/$3

Did you try Cote d’Amour? What do you think about eco friendly fragrance?

Having survived the end of the Mayan calendar I wonder what kinds of change we can all expect? I’m hoping that schools, hospitals, libraries and universities will be given more than enough money every year and that all spending on warmongering will cease due to lack of interest and need. I doesn’t hurt to put it out there.
See you tomorrow.

25 comments on “Cote d’Amour by Celine Ellena for L’Artisan Parfumeur 2009

Glad you survived the Mayan apocalypse. The day is not over yet here, just starting, so we’ll see how it goes. I’m not a big beachy scent kind of person but once in a while they are nice to remind me that the miserable winters do end eventually. I love this type of fragrance in a candle or room spray.

• That would be glorious in a room spray, on the curtains preferably so you get a yummy whiff in the breeze.
      I love salty perfume, I know it’s a bit old now yet every time it reels me in,
      I hope you all survive the apocalypse too Poodle,

2. masha7 says:

Well now I must have this since I live on the beach…Mrph! You’ve created a lemming!! (“Mrph!” is what rabbits say when they are disgruntled….)

3. Jordan River says:

Your hopes are my hopes.

4. Ellen Covey says:

Thank you for putting it out there. If the spending on warmongering were to cease, everything else you mention would be easy.

5. anicasunny says:

Well said Portia! about the schools etc..
    True that a lot of perfume gets buried under the radar, thanks to you they can be reborn !!

I haven’t tried this perfume (I haven’t even heard of it!).
    What do I think about eco friendly perfumes? I do not really care for them. With all the damage we are doing to the planet my perfumes are on a such small scale that I’ll take them as dirty as they come. And I’ll think of other ways of caring for the ecology.

We’re still living through 12/21/12 (another 8+ hours) so I won’t know for sure that we survived until later 😉

• Hey Undina,
      I loved all your Xmas Past, Present & Futures. You have inspired me to do one tomorrow.
      I think if the product is as good as the non-eco frags that I want to try them, and applaud the people doing them. I will still have my naughties too.

• Undina says:

I won’t discriminate against eco-friendly/natural/you-name-it perfumes justbecause they are such but they aren’t getting any additional brownie points as well.

7. ladyjickyl says:

I have never ordered from Surrender but …. I MUST !!! I will do this in 2013 – not long now!!!

8. Kafkaesque says:

I love Surrender to Chance. I wish I loved it less or, rather, my wallet does. It’s worse than Wikipedia in terms of being a time-vortex that sucks you in because, with StC, you end up succumbing to temptation. And, as you noted, their Daily Specials are a great way to try things that you might have forgotten about or not otherwise known about. If only I had more resistance to the temptation though. LOL. I’m awaiting my 2nd big order in a month and I’ve vowed not to go anywhere near the site until after the New Year! LOL.

• Hey Kafkaesque,
      Yes, the black hole of StC!! What a delicious playground it is.
      I have a tip, that I woefully underperform at, make yourself a monthly budget. You can splurge it all at once, slowly, wait till it accrues or forfeit.

• Kafkaesque says:

Monthly budget? For perfume? What is this alien thing of which you speak?? 😉 No, you’re right, of course, but the problem is that I can justify anything when it comes to perfume samples. If it were a plethora of full bottles, no. But the samples seem so innocuous, so small, so lonely, so in need of a good home…. *grin* I have no willpower against their Oliver Twist cries for “More”. Happy Holidays, Portia!

9. Great review, Portia! And I too hope as well that all those billions spent on warmongering will be better spent on schools, libraries, hospitals, and universities.

10. Amer says:

Hi Portia. I do have a full bottle of CdA and I also had that thought that it would make a perfect summer frag so I purchased mine in June. I couldn’t have been more wrong I’m afraid. In the extreme heat of summer (above 30C) the composition seemed to fall apart. The imortelle was coming off sweaty and there was a loud terpenic note (presumably pine?) that was very dissonant with all the sweet elements. I thought it was a bad buy and forgot about it for the summer. It was only in autumn that I was able to use it again and got to truly appreciate the composition. This on me is a play between an airy, unsweetened rose and green woods set in a cologne theme. It is wonderful as it is but I don’t get any marine elements. No salt, iodine or ozone there.
    When I first put it on there is a blast of cool green-ess that others (but not me) perceive as cucumber. It quiets down within minutes and soon becomes a skin scent. The way to sport this is spray with abandon so that every inch of your skin is covered (the bottle is not that huge by accident).

• Interesting how different fragrances work on different people. I have been enjoying CdA in the sweltering heat here and don’t find instant quiet but get great life.
      It will be interesting to wear it in Autumn to see how that works now that you’ve told me all this.
      Thanks,

11. […] For reviews of Côte d’Amour, visit Katie Puckrik Smells and Australian Perfume Junkies. […]