Coco Mademoiselle by Jacques Polge for CHANEL 2001: LIVE Video Sniff

Dear Glamour Girl Frag Hags,

Here we are as an APJ crew, back again, tormenting another poor fragrance with our complete lack of knowledge, or in fact good taste (yes Portia, looking at you!!) but doing it all with a big tongue in cheek and great good humour, to us anyway. The crew EmmaKate, Margeaux and Robert “Radium” Maxwell are here to help me have a look at one of the big best seller blockbusters of last year.

As always we need to remind you that we are merely enthusiasts and that our unplanned LIVE Video Sniffs often contain oodles of crap. Funny crap but nonetheless……
Please enjoy our little bit of NSFW madness!

Coco Mademoiselle by CHANEL 2001

CocoMademoisell FragranticaPhoto Stolen Fragrantica

Fragrantica gives these featured accords:
Top: Orange, mandarin orange, orange blossom, bergamot
Heart: Mimose, jasmine, Turkish rose, ylang-ylang
Base: Tonka bean, patchouli, opoponax, vanilla, vetiver, white musk

Can I please say that I ADORE Coco by CHANEL and think Mademoiselle is nothing to do with it and should have been named CHANEL Mademoiselle instead of building up false hope and then dashing it, had I not expected AH MAY ZING beyond Coco Oriental bliss I would have been less let down and much less likely to sneer. On mature reflection it is a solid scent that crosses loads of boundaries, both sexes love it; albeit for different reasons. We laugh about it in the video but that 5ml decant went in under a week here at Chez Portia and I am still seriously thinking about a small bottle for myself for those girlish moments that come across us all, even the truck driving army dudes.

HotGirl leftosPhoto Stolen leftos

Further reading BoisDeJasmin and KatiePuckrik
TradeServices has 100ml EdP Aus$113
SurrenderToChance starts at $3/ml

Have you tried Coco Mademoiselle by CHANEL? Are you the demographic? Did or do you love or loathe it?

See you all happy and well tomorrow hopefully,

20 comments on “Coco Mademoiselle by Jacques Polge for CHANEL 2001: LIVE Video Sniff

I own Coco but not Coco Mademoiselle. I don’t loathe it but I can’t say I want a bottle of it either. I agree that it should have just been called something different and not a Coco flanker. I think that about Coco Noir as well. My guess is that they are trying to capitalize on Coco’s success. I have a bottle of Cabotine Gold and although I’ve never compared notes side by side it reminds me of Coco Mademoiselle. It’s not an exact dupe but for the $10 I paid for the Cabotine Gold it works for me. Of course my nose could be completely off on that comparison but that’s how it smells to me.

• I love a budget doppleganger! Thanks poodle. can I try it in the Drug Store?

• poodle says:

I stumbled on the bottle at a discount store once. I have no idea about availability really. Also, like I said it could just be my sniffer and the two might smell nothing alike when directly compared. By the way, I love when the 4 of you are together in these videos. You always look like your having so much fun

• Well, you know how skew whiff my snoz is , no worries.
        We do have a lot of fun Poodle. It gets quite crazy.

2. Musette says:

OMG! You guys are soooooo much fun!”Anna Nicole Smith in a bottle”. I am so glad I wasn’t drinking anything when I heard that, else you would owe me a new monitor!

xoxoxoA

3. Tatiana says:

I love your video reviews. You folks make me laugh so hard. I had to put down my mug of morning Chai so I wouldn’t ruin my computer.
    I’ve been out of the demographic for so long I don’t even pay attention to best seller lists anymore. 31 Rue Cambon is more my speed.
    Thanks for the smiles and laughs. What a great way to start my day!

4. Alice says:

I can’t watch your vid at work :/ but as you know I am in LOVE with Coco…. Madammoiselle is an intruder IMO, but you’re right, OK in it’s own right. But it’s no Coco. Anyway, I have at least have half a bottle of it, you can take a sneaky decant from mine if you like…..

5. Ines says:

I somehow skipped Coco in my perfume wanderings but at some point loved Coco Mademoiselle. I believe that to be changing now, CM seems to come on too strong for me and I am more comfortable with both Coco and Allure (I have no idea where the Allure liking came from but it’s here). 🙂

• The important thing here is the never say never rule of fragrance. We go through fads, I have no idea why. One day you’ll be yearning for leather and two months later all you’ll be wearing is vanilla. We are weird.

6. Mel says:

I have coco mademoiselle – it was a favorite when I was in my teens, early 20’s. Now I would rarely wear it, only when I crave something sweet. I now gravitate towards scents like no 5, bois des iles, coco and 31 rue cambon (where chanel is concerned)

7. Hysterical! It looks like you are having so much fun sniffing Coco Mademoiselle.

It’s by far not my idea of what I want to wear though! But I agree that it should have been called “Chanel Mademoiselle.” Leave the Coco out of it!

I like Coco a lot but Coco Mademoiselle doesn’t work for me at all.

Smiled watching you – thank you 🙂

9. […] passion to colleagues and friends, I often get questions such as: “I need a new perfume. I love Coco Mademoiselle, what do you recommend?” or “What is the perfume you like the most?” Pleasingly, men are as […]

10. […] So yes, I can see why people are likening Empressa to Coco Mademoiselle but I think that sells it short. Yes,  zingy fruits & citrus open the mix but I think the pink […]