Leaving On A Jet Plane COMPETITION!!

Hey Gang,

Jin and I are off on holidays. We leave today and I’m FREAKING EXCITED!! I haven’t taken a holiday in over 2 years and we are doing some catching up. I thought you might like our itinerary in case you happen to be in or around the cities we are visiting and would like to meet in person for a coffee, dinner, fragrance sniff, tour, dance, show or maybe you would like to meet me so you can slap my face. WHAT EVAH!! We’ll be glad to meet you no matter the reason and we can do pictures to show on the blog. It will be awesome!! Leave a comment here. If you follow the blog via email then I will be able to reply easily.

19th jan Slovakia (Meeting and hanging with Jin’s brother and family)
21th jan Prague
25th jan Vienna (Birgit and family! Dinner and shopping)
30th jan Budapest
4th feb  Venice
7th feb Paris (Neela Vermeire!)
12th feb Korea (Meeting Jin’s parents)
19th feb Australia

Daily Fragrance Reviews will continue as normal, barring serious incidents. I have pre-done a few and some will be done on the road. Most of our Guest Posts are in but a couple missed the boat, and if you think I’m editing on my HOLIDAY you can go get nicked. Saturday and Sunday may suffer from can’t-be-bothered-itis. I am hoping to do some happy snaps and bought this week stuff but it may not happen. Honesty reads like laziness and you can be pretty sure there’ll be some of that around. If I am a bit less diligent in my comment answering I know you’ll understand too.

Freighter koreanairprPhoto Stolen koreanairpr

COMPETITION

Please try and guess which of these frags I’ll be wearing on the plane from Sydney to our stopover in Korea? The first and second to get it right will get a 5ml decant of one of the fragrances I buy in Paris or Venice.

Bulgari BLV Pour Homme
Gucci Guilty
A Wing & A Prayer Berkeley
Annick Goutal Songes
Guerlain Jasminora
One Seed Courage
Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights

I’ll still be in touch. Cherio!!
Peter, Paul & Mary LIVE

61 comments on “Leaving On A Jet Plane COMPETITION!!

1. calidreamin87 says:

A Wing & A Prayer Berkeley.

Have a wonderful time! Vacations are supposed to have lazy moments so relax and enjoy yours. Take lots of pictures too!
    I am not a huge fan of the airborne experience and since you’re going to be meeting parents and family, my vote is for One Seed Courage.

3. You are adorable, Portia! (I thought you might like our itinerary in case you happen to be in or around the cities we are visiting and would like to meet in person for a coffee, dinner, fragrance sniff, tour, dance, show or maybe you would like to meet me so you can slap my face. WHAT EVAH!! We’ll be glad to meet you no matter the reason and we can do pictures to show on the blog.– not only do you smell good, but you seem like the most accepting person evah!)

Can I guess two? No? Then I’ll just guess Patou 1000.

Have a great trip!!

4. RuthF says:

I’ll have to say One Seed Courage too. I tried it just this week and it’s so lovely, won’t offend anyone on the plane! I’m also a nervous flyer. Have a wonderful holiday!

5. Madeleine says:

I’m going out on a limb and saying Chanel No 5. Had no idea you were also going to Prague Miss P. I have Czech heritage and lived there for 6 months three years ago – beautiful city! Ahoj! And dobry den!

X M

6. Valerie says:

Well, if you are still in Vienna on the 26th,sometime after midday and would care to grab a handmade, fantabulous “armadillos cookie”, we could meet outside La Parfum, downtown Vienna. If not …. have a brilliant time.
    What you gonna wear??? No clue. Hmmm. Diorissimo??
    Wanna guess which cookie?
    White and milk chocolate chunk
    Cranberry, white chocolate, pecan and caramelised almond?
    Peanut butter studded with chocolate chunks
    Traditional oatmeal and raisin?
    Ha ha ha!

Love from Valerie
    Austria´s Cookie Queen
    Nr Salzburg

7. Amy V says:

Sounds like an AMAZING trip! My mother in law recently visited Spain and Venice for her first trip outside Australasia, and she’s been raving about it ever since. I am totally jealous!
    My fragrance guess is Aftelier Parfum de Maroc.

8. Tara says:

I guess A Wing and A Prayer too. Have a wonderful, wonderful trip Portia x

9. Heather Wood says:

This seems like a time for Ballets Rouges. Have a great time!

10. solanace says:

What a lovely itinerary! Such wonderful cities, so romantic. Sure you are going to have a lot of fun!

Now let me guess… AG Mandragore?

11. LCT says:

Your itinerary is inspiring me to plan a trip. Have a wonderful time. I’ll guess Lys Soleia.

12. Linda says:

I’m thinking “Estee Lauder Brasil Dream” – have a lovely, safe trip. I’m envious!

13. blauriche says:

Guerlain Lys Soleia?

A Wing and a Prayer would make sense though.

14. lucasai says:

I vote for Aftelier Parfum de Maroc and Olympic Orchids Ballets Rouges.

Enjoy your holiday!

15. Carmen says:

SO jealous! Your itinerary sounds amazing! And WHAT, no Hermes Voyage!?! But I know it’s not all in the name. I say Bal a Versailles to start the trip off with decadence and maybe the added bonus of ending up with an empty seat next to by the middle of the flight. 😉

Bon Voyage!

16. I can’t guess! Too many wonderful choices! I just know that you are going to have an amazingly fragrant holiday!

Have a wonderful time. Ps. I’m dying to know: what are you wearing to meet the folks?

17. Kafkaesque says:

Have a lovely time! It sounds like it will be a busy trip but very fun. I’ll guess “Dreamer” for your long flight, if only because I hope you’ll get some sleep on that flight! 😉

18. tomatefarcie says:

I’m so jealous….I’m guessing Narcisco Rodriguez For Her….bon sejour!

19. Christine W says:

Even tho’ I’m not the first or second to suggest it, I’m guessing One Seed Courage – partly because it’s the only Aussie perfume you have on your list (and I reckon you’ll be flying our flag proudly) and partly because you’ll be needing all the courage you can get in the lead up to meeting Jin’s parents in Korea (just a guess).
    XXChristine

20. anicasunny says:

Jessica Simpson Fancy nights!! is my guess, not a well thought out one either! Seriously, have a fantastic trip….. we will miss you, and cannot wait to hear /read about it and see some photos too, ciao xo

21. It’s funny that you mention Fancy Nights it missed the short list by one.

22. […] Leaving On A Jet Plane COMPETITION!!. […]

23. Ellen Covey says:

Of course I’ll have to guess that you’ll be wearing Olympic Orchids Ballets Rouges, egoist that I am. My second guess would be Nikki de Saint Phalle, which I love.

Have a great trip, Portia!

My initial guess was also A Wing & A Prayer. But since this one is already taken I’ll not loose anything if I try another one. I’ll go with my favorite CHANEL no 19 Parfum – that’s what I’d probably wear if I had to choose fromyour list.

25. Ines says:

Wishing you a great time (I know it will be)! 🙂
    And I’m jealous you’re meeting with Birgit – hopefully I will too this year.

26. Shiloh says:

Oh my goodness!!! Have fun! Enjoy the heck out of your holiday, and good luck meeting Jin’s parents. I’m sure they’ll love you!

27. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!! to put you all out of your suspense I wore CHANEL No 5 Parfum spritzed liberally at the Duty Free in Australia. Madeleine you are our winner.
    The top 5 were
    Ballets Rouges
    Brasil Dream
    CHANEL No 5
    Dreamer
    Mandragore
    Thanks for playing and Madeleine I’ll sort you out when I get home.

28. Natalie says:

Have a wonderful holiday, and I am okay with missing the guessing – I would have been awful at it! 🙂

29. hajusuuri says:

What fun, Portia! I’ll take a wild guess and say Gucci Guilty 🙂

I would specially love to hear about Venice as I am planning to be there for a few days in August!

Have a safe and funtabulous trip!