Shopping In Prague, Czech Republic

20130125-183618.jpg

Hey Ho Gang,
As you can see Jin and I have been doing our bit for the Czech economy. The DUNE Esprit de Parfum and Guerlain Vetiver were our first buys from a wonderful and quite mad perfume lady who reminded us of Sophie from “2 Broke Girls” a total hoot called Evita!!

Next day we went to Yves Rocher because my mate Birgit from Olfactoria’s Travels sent me a Vanilla Noire recently and I am totally loving it. Now it has a sister.

Cartier, another Birgit enable, came as a 4ml sample with some stuff I bought and it’s been rolling around me head awaiting a European tour. Jin is falling in love with VI but no one so far has had a sample for him to live with and I refuse to let him spend that kind of money without a few wears. Even though we are on holiday and he pouted, beautifully, for nearly a whole afternoon. The Cartier crew were fabulous with us coming back 3 days in a row before we bit the bullet.

Jil Sander Sun is a complete impulse buy and I am so happy that I did, it’s full of youthful memories of days spent at the beach with the family.

Lastly, Jin saw Bottega Veneta for 20% off and couldn’t resist. It smells beyond amazing on him and I have loved my 2 large decants to dregs so it will be getting double skin time at Chez Turbo. That was from Sephora at the main Prague Railway Station. The girl there was so friendly that we decided she deserved a sale.

We also spent some sniffing time at a parfumeurie called Madeleine which was awesome fun with Boris but the prices were beyond our ability. it’s a shame.

We are having a great time. Tomorrow we are in Vienna, going to dinner with Birgit and her husband.
I hope you are all really happy and well too.

22 comments on “Shopping In Prague, Czech Republic

1. lucasai says:

How great, I can’t believe you’ve been so close to Poland 😀

2. Jordan River says:

That looks like a Happy Australia Day in Prague you two. Great haul!

3. laniersmith says:

What fun you are having! Oh and how wonderful you get to meet our darling Birgit. Give her a hug from Lanier! Have fun fun fun! Oh and I love your fragrance haul!

4. I hope you brought an extra suitcase to carry all of your booty home with you! So glad you’re having a wonderful time!

5. Tara says:

What wonderful buys! Birgit’s great taste and generosity are murder for our wallets 🙂

Sounds like you having the time of your lives. Lovely to hear about it, thanks for the update.

I’m so glad you’re having fun. Looks like you’re getting some nice souvenirs.

7. Ellen Covey says:

I love Prague!!! When you’re not buying perfume, I recommend that you check out the Jewish Museum and cemetery. I think it’s all been cleaned up and commercialized since the change of regime, but it was extremely moving (at least it was to me) the first time I went.

Jil Sander Sun brings back memories. I used to wear it a lot. Please give my regards to Birgit.

8. ladyjicky says:

You have to have a big old slice of Sacher Torte in Vienna Portia !!!
    Happy Travels!

It sounds like a great day! I hope most others on your trip will be even better!

10. Canan Pamuk says:

My city! Did you know that you have followers all over the world? I could show you a special perfume shopping places! At next… Parfumerka from Prague

11. Dionne says:

I’m so glad you’re posting pictures, it looks like so much fun. Yay for traveling! (24 hours ’til I leave for Mexico, not like I’m counting or anything…..;))