Holiday Photo Essay Slovakia, Poland, Austria

Hello All,

We are having a wonderful time on our fragrant journey, this first picture is Jin and I on top of a ski mountain. In Poland then later in the day with his wonderful brother and family at lunch.
Then we move to our Prague shopping madness which was a blast.
You’ll see in Vienna that first we met up with our newest foreign corespondent, Val, who is the owner of Armadillo Cookies and Bikes with her husband. The cookies are beyond incredible and you can find them in a few select places throughout Europe but I think in 2013 that she will be going global. Val will do her first Guest Post in March.
Lastly, we went to dinner with the amazing Birgit ( beer-git with the g like gum) and Michael (the husband) who are the most beautiful couple. Birgit is willowy, blonde and with an ethereal beauty that is a little otherworldly, is also extremely clever and was a nurse and psycho therapist. Who knew? Of courses she is the worlds most loved frag blogger for a reason and we were prepared to love her, as we did, from the outset. The big surprise was Michael who is a SPUNK! Sure, he is very smart and funny, has a great sense of humor and some good stories but Michael stole both Jin and my hearts before entree was served. If you are reading Michael, we are smitten.
Food was awesome and conversation flowed until I felt my head starting to nod with the warmth and the wine, we skipped dessert and had a coffee but it was not enough to keep me from fading. Jin and I walked home and fell into bed exhausted.
More next week,

20130127-090654.jpg

<a
20130127-090712.jpg

<a
20130127-090736.jpg

<a
20130127-090750.jpg

20130127-090759.jpg

20130127-090813.jpg

20130127-090821.jpg

20130127-090830.jpg

This entry was posted in Portia.

33 comments on “Holiday Photo Essay Slovakia, Poland, Austria

1. Olfactoria says:

You are too kind, Portia! I’m glad you had a good time!
    When The Husband has stopped blushing, he will surely comment. 😉

2. Jordan River says:

Wow, what a romp around. And Olfactoria! Now that is traveling.

Everyone looks so happy and like you’re all having so much fun. Birgit seems like such a sweet lady. It sounds like you and Jin have been super busy on this trip. You’re going to need a vacation to recover from the vacation. 🙂

4. lucasai says:

Lovely trip, so many happy faces. Greetings from Poland. Next time you visit my country our meeting is a must too, isn’t it?

5. tomatefarcie says:

Smiling….

6. Kafkaesque says:

There is such happiness emanating from all these photos! It’s wonderful. I adore the one of you and Jin atop the mountain. A lovely couple! I’m so glad you’re having a blast, though if you keep up this breakneck pace, you’re going to wiped out before you hit New York. I hope you get a little rest, Portia. 🙂

7. Tara says:

Oh Portia, I had a massive smile on my face reading this post and looking at the pics. Thank you so much for the update! How wonderful you all look. Enjoy the rest of your whirlwind adventure.

8. Hylda says:

So nice to see pics of you and Jin having fun! I’m sure you’ll have a blast sniffing in N.Y.C in the spring. I just had a little vacation there to visit friends and sniff as much niche as my nose could handle. Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

9. laniersmith says:

What a wonderful post ….what Fun!!!

10. Michael says:

Thanks for the update Portia – what an amazing holiday so far!!!

11. What a wonderful trip you both are having! Thank you so much for sharing. It looks like you are having a blast!

And you’re coming to NYC? We must talk 🙂

It looks like you’re having great time! Keep it up! <3

13. fleurdelys says:

You both look great, and so happy! What a trip, I’m jealous.