Karl Lagerfeld Interview

Hey All,

One of the men I most revere in fashion for his work and what seems, in a world where it’s so rare to find it nowadays, to be a delightful reticence to bare all every day for publicity. He is always friendly and charming in his interviews but restrained and totally about his craft and art.

Here he introduces his Fall-Winter 2013/14 Ready-to-Wear CHANEL show

CHANEL SeedOfHappinessPhoto stolen SeedOfHappiness

I do hope you enjoy it, the glimpses of the line we see look beautiful, wearable and saleable. BRAVO!

See you tomorrow,

20 comments on “Karl Lagerfeld Interview

1. brie says:

wow! still alive and kicking and better than ever! An admirable man 🙂 !!

2. haefennasiel says:

Hi there Portia!

I’m not sure if “Rupaul’s Drag Race” airs over there but the latest episode had was quite interesting. The episode title was “Scent of a Drag Queen” and it had the contestants creating their own perfume – complete w/ scents they mixed & bottles they designed. They even shot their own TV ads! Admittedly, the ads carried the most weight in the final judging, but scent strips were also passed around & critiqued. The reviews were quite er, descriptive – “This smells like a Kardashian sex tape”, “I don’t wanna smell like Grandma’s vaj!”, for example. I can’t even begin to imagine how THAT would smell like! XD

3. laniersmith says:

Portia…. I adore Karl Lagerfeld and Chanel. I love how there is always a touch of the spirit of Mademoiselle Coco in every collection. Thanks so much for posting this.

4. susan says:

ugh, those boots with the silver chains are FABOO. I will probably never own anything Chanel except makeup and perfume! le sigh.

5. I want the Kaiser’s mesh finger-less gloves!

6. LaurenW says:

I wasn’t thrilled with the chain-draped boots, but I loved how all the fabrics had texture. Nice collection.

7. arline says:

I adored this show!!!! I can see myself in so much of that collection!!!!

Karl is always about the future, yet his clothes are timeless.

I think it is important for me to collect things that I will have forever, and to make them new
    as time passes!!!

Karl does know how to do l

8. Natalie says:

He is such a fascinating man, and his work for Chanel just keeps getting better. Thanks for posting this!

9. Domenica says:

Best show from the past few seasons; Karl sure knows how to make killer boot!