LA LÉGENDE DE SHALIMAR Mini Movie

Hello Gorgeously Gorgeous and Fragrant Fumies,

My favourite fragrance of all is Guerlain’s Shalimar. Inspired by the legendary love story between Mughal Indian Emperor Shah Jahan and his lowly born wife Mumtaz Mahal (Jewel of the Palace). You can read more in Portia’s Shalimar EdC Review.

LA LÉGENDE DE SHALIMAR

You may have seen this already but I couldn’t let it pass those of you it missed by. My only complaint is that they didn’t use Bollywood stars. Why would you use Europeans when there is a veritable plethora of the real deal? Just sayin

16 comments on “LA LÉGENDE DE SHALIMAR Mini Movie

1. Lavanya says:

I just went and read your beautiful review! I have the vintage PdT and the current parfum and I agree with you- it is very interesting how the emphasis changes between the too..And sometimes they seem like rearrangements of one another-like the same scenes in a different order. I thought I preferred the parfum because of the rougher edges, but the last time I tried the PdT I loved it (almost) as much..

I have not tried the PdT, I’m sure it’s a winner. Yet to find a Shalimar I dislike.

2. Lavanya says:

I meant between the ‘two’ not ‘too’..argh typos 🙂

3. Jordan River says:

I love the slo-mo birds. Time almost stands still. Entranced.

4. Maya says:

Loved this mini-movie! Vintage Shalimar is my great perfume love. It stands alone but vintage Apres L’Ondee is a close second.

Two different stories from the same house, both gorgeous though Apres L’Ondee doesn’t last so well on my skin,

• Maya says:

I LOVE that – “two different stories from the same house”! So true. Neither the vintage nor the new Apres L”Ondee lasts on my skin, but while it’s there, I’m happy. A love is a love!

5. Mary P. says:

Yeah Portia, I agree with you – it was odd to see the European girl – seemed out of place. A beautiful mini film otherwise.

Phew! I was worried that I would get some heat for that comment. Thanks for agreeing MaryP,

Absolutely right, Portia. This new Mumtaz Mahal is beautiful but a real surprise, an interesting twist on expectations, not unlike the newer versions of the Shalimar fragrance. A good reminder to bring the old Shalimar from storage. Mine’s not the super vintage vintage, but old enough. Actually I’ve liked all the incarnations.

You are right Azar, it’s always good to work against expectations. They made me think and that is always a good thing. Funny but I have not been wearing Shalimar since seeing this new movie, normally such a thing would have me drenched in it lavish and languid beauty. I will wear vintage Shalimar tomorrow

7. Natalie says:

I want the necklace, I want the house, I want that landscape … and I want them not to use a Europeans in the ad. 🙂 Well said, Portia!

The necklace would be fun, I think the house would be WAY too much upkeep. Nothing we can do about their casting choices now sadly.
      So nice to read you here Natalie.

8. Dionne says:

I scored some vintage Shalimar this year, and OHMYGOODNESSGRACIOUS it is sublime. And yeah, totally hear you on the casting of that commercial. I mean, c’mon people…. in a world that contains Ashwarya Rai you couldn’t do any better than that?