Jaguar Against Crocodile: National Geographic

Hello Fumies,

I know this is completely off topic but it’s so outrageously amazing that I couldn’t help but show you. The skill, grace, beauty and deadliness of both these animals is undisputed. See the food chain in action with surprising results.

I hope you enjoy this 2 minute diversion from fragrance,

Standing Jaguar WikipediaPhoto Stolen Wikipedia

SONY DSCPhoto Stolen Spencer Wright Flickr

20 comments on “Jaguar Against Crocodile: National Geographic

Hmm! Tastes like chicken!
    Azar x

2. Janice says:

That is incredible. Sorta makes me look at my little housecat with a new respect.

3. Maya says:

I saw stills from this several days ago. The video is even more amazing! What an awe inspiring world we all live in.

That lucky crock didn’t even know what hit it, BAM! What a great way to die if you have to.

4. Tatiana says:

My husband sent me this video a couple of days ago and I can’t stop watching it. That cat is all grace and power and precision. One strike and he has his teeth sunk in exactly where they needed to be.

Yes, one false step and the ending could have been entirely different. It’s a goodie Tatiana. Your husband is quicker than me. Bugger!
      Portia x

5. boringzlifez says:

When they showed the croc sunbathing and the jaguar across the water, i was like now what?

I was so focused on the croc when the camera zoomed in i didn’t even notice the jaguar initially swimming across the lake. there was hardly a ripple and it kept it’s head really low, 2 steps and then BAM croc’s gone.

If i had been in the water i’d be panting when i got on shore:P incredible stamina.

6. Kim R says:

All I can say is WOW!!

7. solanace says:

And the cat is really fat! This might not be its first croc meal.

I reckon it has a little practice by the look of the video, no, make that a LOT of practice. That is completely rehearsed and effortless, casual even, to my eyes.

8. Genie Gee says:

I have no words except WOW! There was barely any time for this cayman to react it was THAT quick and THAT humane! Minimal suffering for the prey.

I’m sure this wasn’t the first time this jaguar had done this.

Now we know where a cayman, crocodile, & alligator’s vulnerabilities are!

BEAUTIFULLY done!

9. Tara C says:

Awesome! That cat was amazing, barely saw his head as he swam silently across the river and killed the croc with laser precision. Very impressive.

Hi there Tara C,
      So beautiful and deadly. What about his magnificent coat too. What a fabulous animal.

10. This is how I am when I spot vintage Guerlain on a store shelf….meow! OK, so maybe I am more like a bandy-legged gazelle and not so stealth like as a jaguar…. ; ) Fun post Portia!

Ha Ha Ha!! You are hilarious Clayton, would you really swim through croc infested water for a vintage Guerlain? Don’t answer that, I know, depends on the vintage Guerlain.