L’Occitane Divine Cream: Week Two of Challenge

Hello Gorgeous Australian Perfume Junkies,

So it’s the end of my second week of testing out the DIVINE CREAM by L’Occitane (See original post<<JUMP and the One Week Mark<<JUMP). I have been such a facial care Philistine for so many years that I had very low expectations of any results at all. I wonder how many of you have done our 2 week challenge?

L’Occitane Divine Cream: Week Two

Immortelle Divine Cream - L'OCCITANE en ProvencePhoto Stolen L’Occitane

From L’Occitane site :
Divine anti-aging care fights the signs of aging, so you can face up the passing of time with absolute serenity. The divine combination of organic Immortelle and Myrtle Essential Oils offers:
A complete regenerating care: Combined action to stimulate the production of collagens and improve skin microcirculation helps to reduce damage caused by time and restore substance and vitality.
A second youth: Myrtle essential oil stimulates within the skin, the action of the longevity protein- to help increase cellular vitality preserve the skin’s appearance.

The new, advanced formula combines the unique anti-aging properties of everlasting Immortelle flowers with the boosted effectiveness of 7 plant-derived active ingredients, that help fight signs of aging better than ever before.

Awarded the highest rated Anti-Aging Miracle Cream in the 2011 Anti-Aging Beauty Bible. Independently tested by a panel of women across the UK

Divine Cream L'Occitane WikipediaPhoto Stolen WikiMedia

My L’Occitane Divine Cream Experience

At the end of week one this is how I felt: How is the rest of my face skin? Already it is glowing. Softer, more supple and satiny. Divine Cream hasn’t given me a facelift but my skin does look and feel a lot more elastic, youthful and plumped. If you’d told me this would be the payoff of taking care of my skin for a week I’d have NEVER believed you.

Week Two has continued more of the same, my skin is glowing, pores seem to have tightened up, I’m not so oily as normal and my skin seems less sensitive. Something else I noticed, Divine Cream is an amazing base to put make up onto, it is easier to apply, goes on much lighter and smoother and stays better. The make up doesn’t clog up my skin so much and has been slightly easier to remove afterwards. That is a HUGE plus in Divine Cream’s favour.

My eyes are where I see real difference though, still not a facelift but the whole areas skin seems fresher and more youthful, plumper and the small lines I have are less deep. I’ve had no more sleep lately, in fact considerably less, am eating and exercising as poorly as ever and have done nothing else to spark this change so I must put it down to Divine Cream.

Others L’Occitane Divine Cream Experience

There were going to be three other testers for the two week challenge, sadly we had an early pull out because life got in the way. How did the other two enjoy the L’Occitane Divine Cream experience?

“I have enjoyed using L’Occitane Divibe Cream. Its immediate silky velvet application absorbed quickly and left my skin soft and well moisturised. A little goes a long way. Thanks for asking me to help out in sampling”

“Loving it! …better than what I’ve been using, and cheaper… I am seriously buying it when mine runs out.”

divine cream l'occitane BeautyStatPhoto Stolen BeautyStat

I hope you’ve enjoyed my 2 week trial of L’Occitane Divine Cream, did you join in and try it yourself? How did it go for you? Was your experience as good as ours, problems, perfection? Please tell us in the comments section below.

16 comments on “L’Occitane Divine Cream: Week Two of Challenge

1. HI Portia
    I meant to comment this morning that your face was looking expensively good, like you’d spent a lot of money on nourishing it. Good to know you can achieve that without breaking the bank. I like the fact that L’Occitane products are not absurdly expensive.
    Catherine du Peloux Menage recently posted…Fragrance appreciation workshopMy Profile

Thank you Catherine! That is HIGH praise.
      It was excellent catching up today, we are two peas in a pod. That Chypre has dried down to something very dark and slightly skanky. MMMM

2. Camilla says:

I am dragging tha chain on this one. I only got my product yesterday. Some samples from the lovely lady at the new L’Occitane shop in Hornsby. She is very interested to know what everyone thinks about the product. While I was in the shop I was treated to a hand and arm massage with some of their products. I couldn’t stop smelling my arms all night. Just beautifull. I will see hoe Devine goes.

Heya Camilla,
      Great to see you. When you go back in to see the L’Occitane lady show her the blog. She may be interested to see and read what we are up to,

3. maggiecat says:

I wasn’t quite as faithful in using my sample – I caught a nasty cold in the middle of my testing and stopped testing since I knew my face would look awful no matter what – but I’ve since resumed testing. I love this stuff! My face feels smoother and better moisturized – I can literally feel the difference. Love it!

Hi there MaggieCat,
      YAY! It worked for you, me too. It does feel better, fresher and more lively here also.
      I’m glad you’re over the cold too.

4. Maya says:

I got some more and finished testing also. About 3 days ago I noticed that I’m looking more refreshed than usual and my skin color was more even. No miracles and none expected, but I do like this cream!

Hey Maya,
      Yes, no miracles but definite improvement, I loved that my skin became less sensitive though and that my blotching calmed.
      It seems you have had a great experience. I am happy for you.

5. hajusuuri says:

I had intended to try this for two weeks but unfortunately, after 4 applications, I got an allergic reaction around my mouth and chin area…not horrible but definitely not normal and I stopped using Divine Creme. This should not discourage anyone from trying this very well-made cream, it was just not for me; I’m clearly in the minority. It’s back to La Mer for me!

Thanks Hajusuuri,
      Oh well, I am sad that Divine Cream wasn’t a winner for you but I’m so happy you took the challenge with us. It’s nice to be part of a crew doing stuff.
      Sadly it wasn’t THE HG for you,
      It’s good to know that some people have reactions, it happens even with the Hypo-Allergenics.

• Maria Parkes says:

I have been using the Divine series and love it. Unfortunately my eye area does not. My skin is not that sensitive normally but after two months’ use, one eye became very scaly, red and sore. I stopped using the eye cream and the symptoms went away. I was hoping it was a coincidence. But it happened twice again, each time after I began using the Divine creams. Sadly, I am looking for another cream now. I am even wondering if I will have to give up the serum and face cream also. This is the very first allergic reaction I have ever had in my life!

Hi there Maria Parkes,
        That is a shame. There must be something in the Divine Eye Serum that doesn’t agree with you. Good luck with your next cream.

• sally says:

Hi Hajusuuri, can you share what were the allergic reactions you encountered. I wanted to get this for my wife and prior to this thought she tried on the sample given and acne like appeared on her face. In addition, she commented too oily after application. I thought perhaps she applied too much or too oily. Looking forward to your sharing.

• hajusuuri says:

Hi, tiny red bumps appeared and I stopped using the cream immediately. I started using the eye serum on a lag and only applied twice before I saw the red bumps from the cream so I stopped using it too. My face tends to be on the oily side to begin with and I found that a morning routine of splashing my face with cool water instead of washing it with a face cleanser actually alleviated oiliness during the course of a day!

6. sally says:

Hi Hajusuuri, thank you for your reply. She did not have distinctive red bump but mild acne like bunmps. Also the cream seemed refused to be adsorbed leaving an oily thin film on the surface. I furthered scout thru the net and realized that the acne like incident could perhaps be due to over application of the cream since the cream is insanely rich in moisturizing. Hence, she tried on a much much smaller amount and the acne like incident has ceased to resurface. Also the oil like thin film has also ceased to exit. Once again, thanks for your clarification. Have a nice day.

7. Bradley says:

I am a guy in my mid twenties and am simply trying to keep my skin looking young for as long as possible. My skin is somewhat oily and needs a lot of moisture to feel good. I have blackheads on my nose but that’s another issue. I was wondering if you would suggest this cream over La Mer’s face cream? I’m really thinking about switching because the cost is so much lower for the divine cream but I would only switch if the effects were just as good! Let me know what you think and thank you 🙂