Quick Quotes for a Better Day!

Hello APJ,

Here’s the thing. The last few days have been a bit wonky. I have been irritable, grouchy, whiney and generally being a big hairy poo head. I have let myself get overwhelmed by external pressures, people’s failure to do it my right, business, late payers, bills, friends, general life really. I felt like I was sinking and it’s not a feeling I relish. So I went to one of those feel better FB pages and stole some short sayings that resonated. Often it’s easy to forget that there is a big picture, a goal or that moving forward can entail change and NO ONE likes change that doesn’t move at a comfortable pace. So it seems that changes are needed, some of them will be painful and some will be easy, and you don’t get to chose.

The other side though, that’s where the payoff is, pain now, gain later. Really pain? Hopefully not but certainly discomfort.

It was Thanksgiving this week in America. Where they thank the Indians for teaching them how to survive in the new country, sadly many of the Indians did not survive their encounter with white mans germs, it was reverse War of the Worlds, the aliens survived. What do I have to be thankful for? So much, I am lucky and blessed on so many levels. What do I need to change? Well change has already been put in motion, there will be more….

I hope you like this little montage for hope.

ChoicesChangeRegretTake the StepDo It Now7 Rules Of LifeYou Are BeautifulCiceroFree VERY Expensive CHANEL

19 comments on “Quick Quotes for a Better Day!

Dear Portia,
    I wish you and your loved ones a lot of health. Everything else comes and goes.
    Undina recently posted…A Postcard from Undina: Happy Thanksgiving 2013!My Profile

2. FeralJasmine says:

Thanks for these wonderful reminders. Thinking of you and hoping for good things and a better week next week for you.

Thanks FeralJasmine,
      The week is already better. Ups and downs are part of life, I try to go find something to redirect my thoughts. These helped this week.

3. hajusuuri says:

Great reminders, Portia. Here’s to a better week next week and every week thereafter.

4. jillie says:

Someone wise once said (I think March from the Posse) “if life throws you lemons, make lemonade”.

Here’s to better things!

Jillie
    x

Amen to that. i like that quote and use it often. One of the Queens one day came back with, “Enjoy Diabetes!”

Hi Portia,
    Great “quick quotes”, especially the George Bernard Shaw and the “7 Rules of Life”. So happy to hear that things are already better for you. Thanks so much for helping the rest of of us feel better too!
    Azarxx

6. Ines says:

Thank you for this! 🙂
    They are all great but I think Cicero and Coco are the ones I relate to the most.

7. Nemo says:

Thank you, and I hope things look up for you soon! These sayings are very powerful, and we all need these reminders from time to time. It is entirely too easy sometimes to just sit back and wallow, and you have my respect for making changes happen.

Thanks Nemo, Things are already 100% better, though nothing is ever perfect. Just giving myself new direction and a talking to pulled me from the dolldrums.
      Having said that, this was not a depression, just a ripple of minor blue. Real depression is not so easily overcome.

• Laurels says:

I realize it’s probably just a typo, but I love the idea of “the dolldrums”–a special state of sadness or ennui experienced while all dolled up.

8. Fifi says:

Thank you so much for these – I was really feeling down in the dumps – your timing is perfect. Hope things are looking up for you now that a few days have passed. “This too shall pass” – an oldie but a goodie.

9. Haefennasiel says:

Thankyou-thankyou-thankyou for this, Portia! Reading this at the beginning of another stressful work week is a refreshing, invigorating shot in the arm! 😀