Hiya all you lovers of fine fragrance,

Annick Goutal has been covered a lot on APJ, see under the sign off for other APJ reviews, life story and stuff about this extraordinary woman and her daughter who now carries on the Annick Goutal tradition, and has done under a few owners. It must be hard to work under such conditions and try to keep a multinational brand as true as possible to your beloved mother’s vision, which started out so small, French and independent.

Mon Parfum Cherie Par Camille EdT by Annick Goutal 2011

Isabelle Doyen and Camille Goutal

Mon Parfum Cheri, par Camille Annick Goutal fragranticaPhoto Stolen Fragrantica

Fragrantica gives these featured accords in the text:
Top:
Indonesian patchouli, plum
Heart: iris, powder, violet, heliotrope
Base: patchouli

Plum and patchouli? Who’d have thought it would smell this good? Plush and plumped over a bed of the fluffiest and most powdery accords ever, I mean EVAH! Mon Parfum Cherie Par Camille is a beautiful modern perfume that nods heartily to history and gives us a full and throaty sensuality while remaining perfectly composed and restrained. Both innocent and alluring, like a girl/woman of a past era on the threshold of knowing. Still coltish but blossomed and ripe. Do you remember the early Julia Roberts, young Katherine Hepburn or even Cameron Diaz? They had a fresh exuberance that was self possessed, sensual and completely at ease. Being beautiful and unusual can sometimes give people an ease that even genius or the most moneyed can never attain. James Franco has it a little bit too and Brad Pitt fair oozed it. This is a fragrance for people who want to smell like that

Mon Parfum Cherie Par Camille Goutal Julia roberrts Alifia♥  FlickrPhoto Stolen Alifia♥  Flickr

What do I smell exactly? A clean patchouli with no dust or rasp, plum that is ripe but unsweet in the modern sense of sweet in perfumery, green and rooty iris/heliotrope/violet powder (I find it hard to distinguish the difference and they all add up to one scent) and down the back I hardly even notice the patchouli though I know it’s there, I get more resinous sweetness than I expect from patchouli.

Mon Parfum Cherie Par Camille will have you softly fragrant with a low sillage, it’s nowhere near a skin scent but it won’t intrude on your work colleagues or dinner either. Should someone be lucky enough to come in for a hug then they will receive a fragrant reward.

Mon Parfum Cherie Par Camille Goutal plum WikipediaPhoto Stolen Wikipedia

For a Goutal EdT I get about average fragrant life of 3-4 hours. Apparently the EdP survives longer but I like the short ride with Mon Parfum Cherie Par Camille so I can wear something else after lunch or before going out. I didn’t mention how much I love the plum coloured bottle and will be4 greatly saddened by the regimentation of bottles that has been put into effect by Pacific Amore. GRRRR! At least we will be able to tell vintage at a glance.

Further reading: Bois de Jasmin and Candy Perfume Boy
FragranceNet has $75/100ml before coupon
Surrender To Chance starts at $3/ml

Loads of love to you and yours,

Annick Goutal (1948-99) on APJ before. We have done days of:
Annick Goutal Biography,
Eau de Sud/Songes/Mandragore,
Eau d”Hadrien/Eau de Camille/Ce Soir Ou Jamais,
Passion/Un Matin d’Orage/Ambre Fetiche,
Mandragore Pourpe,
Songes,
Grand Amour,
Rose Splendide,

Nuit Etoilée and
Duel

15 comments on “Mon Parfum Cherie Par Camille by Isabelle Doyen and Camille Goutal for Annick Goutal 2011

1. hotlanta linda says:

THANK U!!! You must!!! try the EDP – it`s not just stronger, it`s richer w/ more push to the floral/plum notes. PLEASE get thee to The Perfumed Court ASAP!! 🙂 🙂 I`m waiting for a story on AG`s new French owner – as in WHO and WHAT are they like!!

WOW! Amore Pacific has sold AG? I can’t find any news of it on the net.
      I will test the EdP while in Paris in Feb Hotlanta Linda. It sounds gorgeous.

• hotlanta linda says:

They have not sold AG – sigh – but my source about French ownership is Tom Crutchfield @ Bergdorf`s, who knows!! stuff!! I e-mailed him today on this issue, so we wait! 🙂

Thanks Hotlanta Linda.
        I am patient.

• hotlanta linda says:

HEY!! Tom @ Bergdorf`s said that NOW AG has no word circulating on ownership. AP stays distributor. Let us pray for Camille and Isabelle to have the last say!!

I have a number of AG fragrances and have been wanting to try this one for some time. Thank you for this vivid description, Portia, and for the news story, Hotlanta. I’m wondering about the EDP, though. With most of the Annick Goutals I find I actually prefer the EDT’s. I can’t tell you why.
    Azar xx

Interesting Azar.
      I have a mixture of EdT and EdP from Goutal, their fragrant life is not much different on me either way, they are a bit like the L’Artisans. I wear them for mornings knowing I’ll probably wear something different in the afternoon.

3. annemariec says:

I love your ‘coltish’ idea. That describes MPCPC perfectly. Unfortunately on me the patchouli is VERY strong and the one time I wore my sample to work, someone asked where ‘that smell of fertiliser’ was coming from. It was me. Ack! This was the EDP; maybe the EDT would have been better.

I have heard that MPCPC is discontinued. I can’s see it on the AG website.

OH NO! Amore Pacific are KILLING GOUTAL!!!
      I wonder how many fragrances will be left after the slash and burn? Or are they reformulating?

• annemariec says:

Yeah, it’s not a good sign. MPCPC was a challenging fragrance, so some bean counter seems to have decided that it cost too many beans, by the sound of it.

Yes, too fabulous to survive.

• hotlanta linda says:

Hey – what U see on Goutal`s website is IT for stock – we just pray for creative goodness to beat out ownership miseries!!

4. Tara C says:

This one was really dirty and skanky on me, not sure why. Couldn’t wear it at all. I do love their Orientalistes, Songes and Nuit Étoilée (in edp only, don’t care for the edt).

5. puhfume says:

I love this one. One of the most elegant and luscious fruity chypres. Too bad it was discontinued 🙁