CHANEL: 5 Colours

Hi there Fashion and Frag Peeps,

Another fun and beautiful CHANEL ad. Explaining the use of CHANEL’s 5 main colours. Some interesting insights and quotes from Gabrielle Chanel and the image she hoped to portray through her fashion house.

Please enjoy.

Chanel_headquarters WikipediaPhoto Stolen Wikipedia

CHANEL: 5 Colours

From CHANEL: Black. White. Beige. Gold. Red.
In Chapter 11 of Inside CHANEL, five colors come alive as we delve into the history, the anecdotes, and the quotes from Mademoiselle herself that immortalized their significance for CHANEL.

The Colors – Inside CHANEL: Video

8 comments on “CHANEL: 5 Colours

1. Melita says:

Fabulous piece! Really exciting to watch and so much info packed in. Beautifully produced.

HEY Melita,
      Lovely to see you here. Yes, these CHANEL Insider videos are so inspiring for me. Though in many ways a terrible woman creatively she was amazing. And what they have continued through her legacy is even more astounding.

2. Tatiana says:

I don’t know how you find all these lovely, artistic videos about the how and why of the creative process. But I love watching every one of them. Thank you!

Hey Tatiana,
      I am so glad you enjoy them.
      A friend may send or they appear in the sidelines of other stuff I’m watching on YouTube. It is a VERY dangerous time waste though. Sometimes a friend sends me something and two hours later I’m still glued to the computer screen.
      Thanks for leaving a note, it lifted my already excellent day.

• Tatiana says:

I have no idea what you’re talking about. I’ve never, ever been glued to my computer screen for two hours. 😉
        Four or five hours, yes, but just two…? 😀

HA HA HA!

3. Melita says:

Portia, I have a book about Chanel supposedly being a Nazi spy. Haven’t read it yet, but found it too intriguing to *not* buy…

There are a lot of stories about her at that time. She was definitely anti semetic and it would not surprise me if she colluded with the Nazis. The French often try to play down their role in WWII but they were Nazi, the Paris Police force was used to round up all the Jews & gays and they went to a sporting arena till they were trained to the CCs. What a woeful chapter in human history,
      Putin and his country take overs and anti-gay propaganda feels like we all need to buckle our belts for another round