Dior Couture Autumn-Winter 2014-15 Fashion Show

Hi All,

Raf Simons is doing some wonderful stuff at DIOR. I love his finishes and treatments. He has reinvented the crinoline, interesting sleeves like seed pods for balsam, mini skirts with cool shape-seams and scalloped edges. Coats, gowns, palazzo pants and wide belts. I love the looks and the colours. Here is a 4 minute video of the shows highlights.
Enjoy,

raf-simons DIOR TelegraphUKPhoto Stolen TelegraphUK (problem using this image, please tell us)

Dior Couture Autumn-Winter 2014-15 Fashion Show

8 comments on “Dior Couture Autumn-Winter 2014-15 Fashion Show

1. Jackie b says:

This video is so inspiring,
    Starting with the crinoline thing…I recently went to the Fashion Museum in Bath, and there were the same mantua outfits, to be worn at court.
    I love the scalloped edges too, and boots worn with chiffon.
    And those long coats…
    Time to get the sewing machine out!

It’s the crazy good stuff this season JackieB. Fashion is starting to look wearable and lovely again. Very happy camper here.

2. Tatiana says:

Thanks for posting this. It has been a while since I’ve seen a collection as much as I loved this one. I don’t think I’d look good in many of these. If I lived somewhere that I actually needed a winter coat, I think I would save all my pennies for one of these beauties. Any one of them. The detailing is amazing. I love the way the fabric drapes and flows despite all the embellishment. Or perhaps it is because of all the embellishment. I would love to be employed in one of the workrooms, to be able to create the beautiful embroidery and bead work.

• Tatiana says:

P.S. I also love how Peter Philips creates such modern makeup looks to coordinate with the clothing. Huge win for Dior for wooing him over from Chanel.

3. Nymphomaniac says:

too funny ! I see in the audience public :
    bernadette chirac, anna wintour, valerie trierweiler, bernard arnault, charlize theron, and the only one I like : isabelle huppert (with sun glasses…)

Ooooh. I love Charlize Theron. she is one of my heros.

• Nymphomaniac says:

i don’t dislike her ! i just should have written “the only one I adore” 😉

Fair call. That ios a pretty cool role call of people you could recognise. I was impressed.