Open House

Hiya APJ,

We have had some problems with our Australian Perfume Junkies host this week and the whole shebang has put me into a spin. Add to that our house is on the market and we are having work done on the pool and Open Houses. CER AY ZEE.

Here are some pics of our home. It has been a sensational family home and I have loved it with all my heart. It’s a 1960s T shaped ranch house and many of the features are original. We have kept it as true to its heritage as we could while maintaining functionability.

20114001541pifs28122031

20114001544pifs28122035

20114001543pifs28122034

20114001542pifs28122033

10 comments on “Open House

1. Jackie b says:

Cool…I bet that dining table could tell some stories!!
    Where to next?

2. Tara says:

Sorry to hear it’s been a testing week for you Portia. Hope next week is better.

Nice to see the pics of your home before you go. It’s clearly been an important place for you, but what an exciting new chapter you have ahead.

Hey Tara,
      I was just re-reading your Olfactoria’s Travels: Eau Absolue piece. You nailed it. Having read it a couple of times now I like it more each time, excellent review.
      I quite like testing, the edge is a pretty fun place to live. Totally exciting future. Though I am enjoying living here with it so clean and freshly painted. The house has never looked better and by Wednesday the pool will be totally renovated and full of water again. WOO HOooooo!
      Portia x

• Tara says:

Thanks so much Portia. Very sweet of you to want to re-read my post, especially with so much going on. As you know Eau Absolue so well it’s nice to hear you think I captured it.

I admire how you thrive under pressure instead of collapsing. You are a master at keeping all those plates spinning in the air at once 🙂

Isn’t it always the way, when you re-do the house to sell you wouldn’t mind staying for a while longer to enjoy it!

Yay Tara,
        Yes, no one is surprised that I want to stay. It does look schmicko.

3. Tatiana says:

Hoping life returns to a less stressful state for you soon! Hope your house sale goes well. What a lovely home! I love the back yard. I really love the pendants over the dining table.

Thanks Tatiana,
      So many great memories in the yard, from our monkey bars and swimming lessons, learning carpentry in the shed with Dad and scientific explorations with my sister to teenage BarBQs and gardening with my Mum.
      Those pendants were a labour of love to find. When I found them I was so overjoyed that I didn’t even ask the price, I just knew I had to have them. When the register price came up I was in shock, they were 60% off and so affordable!!
      That never happens.

First – we need more pictures!!! 🙂
    Next – it’s both sad and exciting. I hope the next owners will love it the way you loved it and it’ll host happy people. Still I’m a little sad: I don’t like changes.

I hope you’ll be able to relax soon and most of the worries – at least house-related – will stay behind.
    Undina recently posted…In the Search for the Perfect Fig, Take 2My Profile

Ha Ha Ha! I will take some shots around the house and add them. Ha Ha ha. You are excellent Undina.
      It is definitely a bittersweet experience, the next owners will probably bulldoze.
      Change is good, I am totally OK with change. Love new adventures. It really is time to move on.
      This morning we slept in till 9.30am! Just rolled out of bed and came to the computer. Doesn’t get much more relaxed than that.