“Straight” Would Be The Minority! [Short Film]

Hi there APJ Crew,

Imagine if your preconceptions are rerouted. Gay is normal and straight is feared, outcast, rejected and freakish. It is hard to visualise because we have never seen it but here in a 19 minute short film it all is. Played out as truthfully and darkly as real life often is for gays.

Straight_Pride_Wallpaper___027_by_Straight_Pride DeviantArtPhoto Stolen DeviantArt

Cried my eyes out, this piece is haunting me as a near parallel to my own and my best friend through schools youth. Luckily it never got so bad as this for me but my friend Jason was picked on mercilessly by years above and below.

Please watch this and share it with your kids, families, siblings and friends. It may just stop one person from being victimised for something they have no control over because it is predestined by birth and genetics. We are all equal, no matter who we love, what religion we follow, what colour our skin, what sex we are or how we earn our living. We should all be equal in the eyes of the law and the eyes of our community.

With love to you all,

Imagine A World Where Being “Gay” The Norm & Being “Straight” Would Be The Minority! [Short Film]

13 comments on ““Straight” Would Be The Minority! [Short Film]

1. Elia says:

there was a full feature Greek comedy with the same concept years ago.

2. Melita says:

Inverting social norms can be a really good way to make a point and to get the majority to really empathise or to put themselves in the shoes of a minority group, or a group that is routinely stigmatised. Good on you for sharing this Portia!
    Melita recently posted…Perfume Review: Tuberose Fragrances by Histoires de Parfums – Part Two – Tubereuse 3: AnimaleMy Profile

3. Sandra says:

Thank you for sharing this Portia! As we are dealing with this right now because of skin color it hits home and messages like this should be more visible. Sandra xoxo

4. Mark Evans says:

Wow, this hits hard but thank you for sharing, Portia. Should be mandatory high school viewing.

5. Holly says:

Thank-you. May we all keep our hearts and minds open. xo

6. Maya says:

What a sad clip. I was lucky. My father was one of those rare people who “lived and let live”. For him, we were all simply humans beings alive together in this space and time. (My mother was too self-absorbed to care.)

WOW Maya! Sounds like a very lucky upbringing, but I’m sure it had it’s concerns too. I bet it gave you a huge sense of empowerment to choose for yourself, be for yourself and trust who you are.