Fall-Winter 2015/16 Ready-to-Wear CHANEL Show

Hiya Fashion and Frag Nerds,

I don’t normally put the full runway show on APJ but this Pret a Porter range is VERY interesting. For me the point between gorgeous and disgusting are all filled in. there are some monstrosities but done with the usual CHANEL/Lagerfeld attention to detail and finish which takes them out of the merely awful and into a whole new realm.

We are treated to a wide and varied bunch of textures in this parade, in fact the whole show seems to be about texture more than fashion. Layering, pearls, 50’s suit meets 70s retro and all done in a fabulous arena, LOVED the working cafe idea with baristas and waiters serving the models.

chanel-fall-winter-2015-16-ready-to-wear-decor ChanelNewsPhoto Stolen CHANEL News

When it all goes right though there are some spectacular beauties. Collar treatments, bejewelled aprons, bomber jackets, at the end a fabulous chiffon set, the CHANEL suit is re-imagined and super wearable. I could see a couple of them on my Mum if she was still with us, especially the beige & black shoe. Fabulously thick and bold woven checks, almost an Issey Miyake use of 3 dimensions but all done in classical CHANEL style. The male models that sprinkle the show are also produced beautifully.

I hope you enjoy

Fall-Winter 2015/16 Ready-to-Wear CHANEL Show

14 comments on “Fall-Winter 2015/16 Ready-to-Wear CHANEL Show

1. RuthF says:

I love this! Thanks for sharing

Thank you for finding and sharing this, Portia.
    Great looking coats, suits, fabrics. A lot of retro that looks senior citizen worthy – which is fine with me! Could work with lots of different body shapes and sizes. I have to say, though, that I hope the scary mono brow and the meth waif make-up thing will not be trending this fall.
    Azar xx

I reckon the Meth Waif is here to stay for a while Azar, remember Heroin chic in the 1980s & 90s? This is just the obvious next step.
      Yes, you’re right about the show covering all ages. As long as you’re slim.

• Azar says:

Hi Portia,
        I really think that some of those fine looking, long coats could cover a lot of pounds! Forget the slim skirts, just throw one of those over just about anything that was plaid. I swear that a few of the styles were straight out of the late 60s/early 70s. I wish the fabrics were easier to come by…
        Azar xx

Yes you are right Azar,
        You could modify to fit but something I really like about them is the very neat shoulder pads that are miniscule-y shorter than the shoulder, it only works on choreographed spaghetti.
        Those fabrics are very easy to find in remnant and remainder stores. I bet you could grab some amazing wool plaids and create your own CHANEL looks.

3. Barbara Carter says:

Spot on about this one Portia, hideous and beautiful at the same time. Very throwback, and the unibrow and makeup and shoes – ugh. Very matronly a lot of it. But still beautiful.

Barbara,
      I could totally see you and your svelte figure rocking some of these. Do you love the shoes? You could really go to town in your CHANEL no 22 in this stuff.
      Portia x

• Barbara Carter says:

you are such a darling! I don’t know bout them shoes though … ugh! I do love the clothes, they are fun, but some of them … not. The best part is the set, I agree. I like the 80s vibe the clothes have – and I LOVE the fabrics!

HA HAHA HA! The shoes are awesome Barbara, you’ll see. Wait till they’re all over the place.
        those fabrics are heaven, he is so clever that Karl Lagerfeld.

4. einsof says:

…oddly enough, i have a kilt with a pattern very similar to the first model’s skirt.

hm. i’m a pseudoChanel punk.

who KNEW?

cheers!

5. Tatiana says:

Thank you for sharing this. While I didn’t love a lot of it, there were many things I did like. I do love the fabrics that are made for Chanel. I particularly liked some of the red, white and black tweeds. I think for the most part, this video sparked new ideas about dressing for me and I’ll probably use it as a jumping off point. I really loved the diamond pendants worn with the later looks, but I can only admire Chanel jewelry from afar.
    As matronly as those shoes are, I’m really wanting a pair right now. After years of wearing heels, running and a number of other mishaps, I’m beginning to look at low heeled shoes with a new eye. Once again, thanks for sharing this beautiful ugly video.

Hey tatiana,
      those shoes are the bomb, so cool and fun. I think we’ll be seeing very reasonably priced knock offs in the stores by next spring.
      I’m glad you liked it and that it has inspired you.