NEWS! Portia Now Writing for My Perfume Samples!!

Well APJ,

Here is an exciting development. Over the last while My Perfume Samples and I have been nutting out a wonderful deal. I will now be writing for them every fortnight for 3 months to see how it goes! It’s a very good invitation and a paid gig. Already before we started talking about my coming to write for them I liked the site a lot and use them regularly. My Perfume Samples have an incredible stock of mainstream fragrances and are currently adding more and more Mass-Tige (Mass Market Niche). Already included in their online store are such luminaries as Malle, Lutens, Penhaligon’s, L’Artisan, JHaG, Byredo and many others at VERY competitive prices.

Portia Now Writing for My Perfume Samples!!

My Perfume samples logo

For my initial My Perfume Samples piece I decided to look at some Work Safe Fragrances. Perfume in the work environment is becoming more of a minefield and sometimes you just have to suck it up but maybe there is another way. What you want are some good quality, interesting and fun fragrances for work that will fly under the radar and not get you banned for Skunking The Workplace. These beauties across a wide range of styles and price points should be safe bets. The great thing about sampling is that with a 3ml decant you get a real sense of how a fragrance will work on and for you

Top 10 Safe For Work Perfumes

Each fortnight there will be DISCOUNTS or FREE GIFTS and this fortnight the code is for a free gift with orders over $15.
This fortnight’s free gift includes 1 x 3ml atomiser each of 2 featured samples, valued at around $8!

Please jump over to My Perfume Samples and have a look. Leave a message too so I know you’ve been. I can see them but the My Perfume Samples crew still has to OK them.
This is totally exciting for me and I’m really nervous. It’s a big step and My Perfume Samples are trusting me to help them make their online shop the best it can be.

44 comments on “NEWS! Portia Now Writing for My Perfume Samples!!

1. Sun Mi says:

How fabulous! You WILL help make their website great(er)!
    Sun Mi recently posted…Dame Perfumery Scottsdale – Black Flower Mexican Vanilla (perfume review)My Profile

Thanks Sun Mi,
      They are a super nice team with an excellent product at very reasonable prices. I’m proud to be aboard.

2. Katherine says:

That’s fabulous!! I’m so happy for you. I’ll look at their site.

3. empliau says:

Congrats Portia! So great that your writing will find an even wider audience. I think you are perfect for this gig. Knock their socks off!

xo Molly

Heya Empliau,
      Knocking their socks off as I write hopefully. Fingers crossed.

4. Bernadette Winfield-Gray says:

You go, girl!

5. Sandy says:

Yay Portia (even though I am embarrassed that I had to look up “fortnight”)!! Do you know where ‘My Perfume Samples’ is based out of? I couldn’t figure out if they are in the States or possibly in Australia since that would impact shipping costs. Okay, I’ll go finish your article now. Thanks!

6. Fifi says:

Congratulations, Portia! I’ll take a look. Hope they will appreciate your fabulous nose and great writing!

7. Merete says:

I have just looked at the site, and it looks great. Even better with you being a contributor there
    Merete recently posted…NEWS! Portia Now Writing for My Perfume Samples!!My Profile

Congrats!

Jumped. Letting you know 🙂
    Undina recently posted…Entertaining Statistics or Marketing Faux Pas de DeuxMy Profile

9. Jillie says:

That’s fantastic! Good luck, Portia.

10. What a great news, Portia!! I use the site from time to time and now there’s more reason to visit there more often!Good luck! 🙂
    Thinkingmagpie recently posted…Easter GreetingsMy Profile

YAY! Thinking Magpie,
      I’m glad to read that one of my buddies likes the site too.

11. Steve says:

Congratulations my dear. You’re going to do fantastic!
    Steve recently posted…New Release: Neela Vermeire Creations PicholaMy Profile

12. Portia – congrats on the new gig. Very cool. Happy Easter to you and all the APJ crew. x x x
    meganinstmaxime recently posted…People at EsxenceMy Profile

13. Tara says:

Many congratulations Portia! A paid gig, how fabulous.

No need to be nervous – your writing is absolutely fantastic.

Hey Tara!
      They are a wonderful crew and thank you for the compliment. BIG happy grin here. Smooches across the ocean.

14. Tonia says:

Congrats lovely, well done. What exciting times lay ahead! X

15. Anka says:

Exciting news, congratulations, dear Portia, they can be very lucky to have you on board!
    (Their decant kits look great…)

Happy Easter with lots of chocolate eggs and bunnies, hehe!

Anka,
      I love their decanting supplies and the touche are excellent, they are the ones I use for frag get togethers.

16. Holly says:

Congrats! I’m excited for you! You’re deserving of all the best. xo

That’s wonderful news! I’ve ordered from them and been quite happy with the things I’ve gotten. Now I have even more reason to support them. Congrats!
    Hugs.

YAY Poodle! I’m so glad you’ve had good dealings with them. I think they are really trying to create an excellent business.

18. Eva says:

How exciting!

Hi Portia,

Nice work! I’m sure it will be lots of fun too. I enjoyed reading your MPS post today too!

Just wanted to let you know that I added a very polite comment to the MPS blog post but it disappeared. I feel so rejected. That happens once in awhile.

Azar xx

Hey Azar,
      Thanks for reading and going over.
      Yes, the MPS site needs every comment moderated and probably tomorrow morning it will pop up sop I can have a read and answer.

20. Lindaloo says:

Congratulations, Portia!! A paying gig is a very good thing. It’s a great first post. I like that My perfume Samples has the option of 5ml decants and some minis too. Been having fun browsing.

21. hajusuuri says:

Great job, Portia! I went right to the site and posted there. My comments are awaiting moderation. The site looks a little dated somehow (can’t quite put my finger on it) but perhaps it just takes some getting used to.

22. Francesca Belanger says:

Looks like a great resource, Portia, and congrats on the gig. <3

Hey there Francesca,
      Always lovely to see your Gravatar pop up. I hope you’re happy and well as you head into NYC spring.
      Thanks,