Post by Suzanne R Banks
Hi Perfume Junkies,
Clay masks can really help improve the look and function of your skin and can even help you feel fresher and more energised like you’ve had a holiday.
Clay is marvellous! It’s nature is to absorb impurities, and I remember once a therapist telling me that clay works better and is more active when it’s wet. This means that if you’re giving yourself a clay face mask, when it starts to dry, moisten it with a mist of water or hydrosol, or simply place a wet facecloth over it and press into your face. I’m not sure if she is right and I haven’t found any information that supports or negates this claim, so why not experiment yourself? I do know that when you leave a clay mask to dry, it definitely feels like it is tightening your skin and giving you a bit of a lift.
Clay Masks for Your Face and Body
Photo Stolen Pixabay
“In general, topical application of clay on the skin will be rejuvenating, clarifying, cooling, help cell renewal, lessen the appearance of spider veins and varicose veins and make you feel like you’ve had a mini holiday.” Suzanne R Banks
Clay is used to:
* reduce the appearance of small veins
* cool your skin
* absorb impurities from the outer layers of your skin
* cool and extract bacteria from acne
* tighten pores
* treat injuries when used as a poltice
As it comes from the earth it is a great way to help someone who is having a hard time emotionally. It will help ground them and connect their energy to mother earth. You could put some clay in a bath, or do a mask on the hands or face, even the feet. Or a foot bath with clay and essential oils – perfect for an elderly or incapacitated person.
* gentle face masks and gentle body masks
* in baths
* in body scrubs
* as an absorptive soft powder on a cut or graze
* for eczema and psoriasis – especially for kids
* for rashes or skin disorders on dogs I either just sprinkle it on dry or mix into a smooth paste
Photo Stolen Flickr
* this is my favourite face clay – face mask when the skin is red or for sufferers of rosacea
* face masks for eczema or psoriasis on the face
* anytime you need a good facial cleanse, and to reduce puffiness
* acne on the face or body either with a mask or just a little dotted on a spot
* face or body mask for oily skin
* body mask when you are doing a detox to help with the processing of toxins out of your system
* cellulite (it does help but I haven’t found anything yet to get rid of it completely – ugh!)
* face and body masks and to add to body scrubs particularly when the skin is dull and needs energy – it really brightens the skin
* this one is great for spider veins, red skin, broken capillaries
Photo Stolen Flickr
Full clay body masks will give you an all-over spa treatment feeling, but beware you must wrap yourself in towels and/or blankets as your body temperature can drop very quickly. You are emersing yourself in extracts from the earth so be careful. Shower off or soak in a bath for a complete rejuvenation.
Poultices and spot mask treatments can work well on the body for healing too, for example, a monthly cellulite mask on your thighs can help move lymph and help add to drainage. Wrap your legs in plastic wrap to keep in the heat, then relax for 15 minutes either showering off or soaking in a bath.
For bruises or sprains a clay mask may help by soothing the site and acting as an anti-infammatory agent.
Choose your essential oils wisely and don’t use too much!
In 2 teaspoons of clay for a face mask only add 1 or 2 drops of essential oil.
For 3/4 cup of clay for a leg mask only add about 8 drops of essential oil.
You’ll need about 4 cups of clay for your body – add 15 drops of essential oil
Photo Stolen Pixabay
There is so much more to write about with clay as most comes from France and is called “Argile”. Just dive in and have a go making a mask for yourself and see how it turns out.
Remember to treat yourself first, then everyone will benefit.
Suzanne R Banks x
Check out my YouTube Channel too, thanks.
Please check out my new book REVELATION! – Reveal Your Destiny with Essential Oils