Why is Pluto not a planet? 4 minute answer

Hi there APJ,

Here is a question I have been asking myself quietly but without enough force to bother looking for the answer until now. Here are my answewrs all related easily and in a friendly fashion in under 4 minutes by the BBC! Sometimes I get really excited over the smallest things and this is no exception.

Pluto_and_moons_art WikiMediaPhoto Stolen WikiMedia

Enjoy the answer,

Why is Pluto not a planet? – Sky at Night: Pluto Revealed Preview – BBC Four

14 comments on “Why is Pluto not a planet? 4 minute answer

1. Patty Pong says:

I don’t think it’s big enough. 🙂

2. Patty Pong says:

Ok so it went from being the last planet in the solar system to being the FIRST dwarf planet in the solar system. Nice. 🙂

It’s super cool eh? I have been boring everyone I meet on the subject since I first saw this video.

3. Patty Pong says:

Well, maybe they aren’t bored but just used to your excitement. 🙂 Not so much science. =o|

Hi Portia,
    This is cool. I hope after BBC is privatized it will still be able to offer real news (we get none of that here in the States) as well as these great videos.
    Azar xx

Fingers crossed for an unrealistic dream Azar. I feel that privitisation will be a sad death knell for real news.
      Australia’s ABC is currently being lambasted by our politicians for offering balanced and interesting content. The powers that be are cutting their budgets like crazy. We are coming closer to Fascism every day.

• Azar says:

You are so right, Portia! Life is scarier every day. I don’t know if it is worse here or in Australia. Here there is NO content in the mainstream”news”. All we get is drivel. Most people know nothing about what is happening in the rest of the world or even on the North American continent. Our news is simply pablum, or something about murders or Kardashians or Donald Trump. Did you see the movie Idiocracy? Well…we have arrived.
        Azar xx

I didn’t see Idiocracy but I can well believe it is coming Azar. Some of the decisions our current government is making is polar opposite to what you would hope the people in charge would be doing. Like they are hoping we’ll have a full on depression and WWIII.

• poodle says:

I feel the same as Azar. The only thing I turn the news on for is the weather and they can’t get that right half the time. There’s no integrity or intelligence in the news anymore. It’s all slanted and ratings driven. It’s also a tool for creating separation and unrest. It seems like if they can’t find anything shocking enough to report on they will stir the pot a bit and create their own angry mob scene. I have little use for our local news networks.

Gak! They are manipulating us all. We are heading for Fahrenheit 451 so fast it’s unbelievable.
        Portia x

• Azar says:

Poodle! Media really does stir the pot! I can’t even deal with most newspapers. I never look at the local papers and stopped reading the NY Times a few years ago when they changed the size of the newsprint so it no longer worked for Gomez’ cage. When they asked me why I wanted to un-subscirbe I told them I was tired of the drivel and the bad news and that, despite the safe soy based ink, their rag was no longer fit to line a bird cage. Sigh. Modern times…
        Azar xx

I remember feeling bad when they “disqualified” Pluto: I grew up knowing that our solar system consists of 9 planet and I don’t like that type of changes… Strike the last part: I don’t like most changes 😉
    Undina recently posted…Small Things that Brighten Life: The Beautiful Duck(ling)My Profile

HA! I love you Undina. This life is so full of change, it must irk you a lot.
      Most of the time I embrace change. I like to shake my world up.