Fragrant Things That Arrived This Week

Hey there Fragrance Lovers,

Is there anything as day-to-day exciting as getting a parcel in the mail? I have to go down to the Post Office to get mine because now that I live in an apartment I find it much safer to have everything redirected to a Post Office Box. So the whole thing is a weekly adventure and I’m never quite sure if there will be only letters or some packages. Let’s face it, anything not a bill is a cause for celebration.

Fragrant Things That Arrived This Week

So I did get a box this week and it was chock full of exciting fragrance. I had asked Franco at Lucky Scent to find me a bottle of my long-coveted and recently discontinued in any online store I could think of bottle of 24.9.11 by Hilde Soliani. He’s such a sweetie that he tracked it down for me so what else could I do but order a couple of extras as a special Thank You, and also to make the shipping seem less incredible.

24-09-11 by Hilde Soliani 2012

24-09-11 FragranticaPhoto Stolen Fragrantica

Fragrantica gives these featured accords:
Calamus (milky, green, cinnamon like grass root), amber, frankincense, myrrh

24-09-11 is part of the Hilde Soliani The Invisibles range, meant to compliment your own fragrance and enhance your confirm your presence. What a stunning way to think of perfume. In reality though 24-09-11 is way too fragrant to be melded with your skin and enhance it, you will be decidedly and lavishly fragrant when wearing this. the opening is sweet and spicy, a non edible radiant caramel incense. Warm and lush and ever so slightly discordant, as if it’s about to topple over into disgusting over sweetened caramel slice at any moment but the green calamus and the incense win out and keep it delightful, wearable and distinguished.

Eau Absolue by Mona de Orio 2013

Eau Absolue Mona di Orio FragranticaPhoto Stolen Fragrantica

Fragrantica Gives these featured accords:
Top: Bergamot, clementine, petitgrain
Heart: Geranium, java vetiver oil, bay leaf, pink pepper
Base: Cedar, musk, labdanum

BZZZZZZZ! The citrus opening is loads of fun but kept from being a zingy space cadet by whispers of the resins to come even in the first minute. While I sit here in a balmy Sydney summer evening I am enjoying the very unexpected opening. I have read a few reviews before writing tonight, which is not something I usually do, so my expectations were for something quite different, something more mainstream and fizzy. I couldn’t have been more wrong. This is, as I should always expect with a Mona di Orio fragrance, something quite densely layered with everything in the notes list all at once and what will happen is certain accords will get precedence on occasion.

Tokyo Bloom by The Different Company 2012

Tokyo Bloom The Different Company FragranticaPhoto Stolen Fragrantica

Fragrantica gives these featured accords:
Top: Dandelion, galbanum, basil, blackberry (cassis)
Heart: Cyclamen, star jasmine
Base: Guaiac wood, musks, amber

This is interesting, it opens as sharply as hairspray and is a wonderful awkward blend of green, milky, musky, spicy and fizzy tones that I’ve never met together before yet still manages to smell GREAT! I was expecting an aqueous nothing and am beyond pleasantly surprised. You must at least take some time to try this marvelous, well priced, fragrance. A lovely modern interpretation of the Eau de Cologne style.

As you can see these beauties have been on the list for a while. Boy is it nice to have them in the stable now. Today I wafted Eau Absolue and really loved it. Like a scented princess.

What has arrived for you lately?

15 comments on “Fragrant Things That Arrived This Week

Hi Portia,
    I received a lovely box of goodies from the Maggie M. and Frag-ments a couple of weeks ago. I will be reviewing some of them soon! Last week a vintage Van Cleef & Arpels First perfume (one of the earlier versions) arrived at the P.O. box, in relatively good shape for its age as well as a trial size of Jeffrey Dame’s new Leather Man cologne. Very nice!
    Azar xx

OOOOH! I can’t wait to read what you think about the FRAGments stuff Azar and the Leather Man Cologne. You are all set for a few posts then. Coolio!
      First, JCEs homage to BWF. I really love it too. Especially the older bottles MMMM

2. cookie queen says:

I received an unexpected package from a perfumista I have not yet met, containing a beautiful soft leather pouch, specially designed to hold a few perfume decants. Indeed it had several already packed into it. I was having a bit of a meltdown day and it touched my heart very deeply. ❤️

3. Esperanza says:

You received Some wonderful fragrances, Portia ! Did not know THE 29-11-2009 was discontinued. My last package was One from Vente Privé from France with L’Artisan Saffran Troublant, Caligna and reed diffusers for Autumn and Winter. THE Safron was a blind buy, I might wait until winter to try again as it was not what I had in Mind, a bit too spicy for my taste, at THE moment.
    Esperanza recently posted…Oliver & Co Santalum Scented CandleMy Profile

Hey Esperanza, I’m not sure about its status but I couldn’t find it ay any of my usual frag stores that have Hilde’s frags.
      OoooH! Nice haul, Saffran? I find it very cooling. Interesting how we all perceive things differently. Yes, maybe wait till fall.

4. Holly says:

Um, this week? No bottles … yet. I’m waiting for a back-up bottle of Silences, and Goutal’s Neroli.
    I DID NOT order any samples, but I sent some off to someone I don’t know and poof! she reciprocated. Sigh …

HA HA HA HA! Holly, you are freaking hilarious.
      I have quite a few back up Silences too. YUMMY!

5. hotlanta linda says:

This week is finally!! Amaranthine by Penhaligon’s in the lovely box/100ml, see Lily Direct Two weeks ago another finally! of Blonde, half ounce parfum, from the late, great Versace….a bit sad always over his loss, but it is good to have a bottled memory.

No better memory of him than Blonde Parfum. And though he went too soon, what a wonderful life Versace lead. He did more in his short time than 50 of us mere mortals will achieve or see.
      MMM AmaranTHIGH! So naughty I love it.

• hotlanta linda says:

Lol!! On Versace, yt always remembers him and Princess Diana together since they left us close together….and feeling so sad for Elton John loosing two dear friends! I remember both losses like it was yesterday, and thank goodness their families carry on their memory!

6. Sun Mi says:

How lovely! I, too, love Tokyo Bloom. Its so vibrantly alive and fresh! One of those great perfumes that (to me) doesn’t smell like perfume. I just got a small travel spray of EL Tuberose Gardenia, but am on the fence about if I like it enough to keep it. I also have a bottle of EL Bronze Goddess on the way, and MPG’s Jardin Blanc and HdP 1804 should be coming in a swap. I’m excited to see if those will be good fits for me!

WOW Sun Mi,
      It’s nice to hear someone else loving Tokyo Bloom, I rarely hear or read anything about it and thought I was solo in my adoration for it.
      I too have an EL Tuberose Gardenia, YUM. The great thing about this hobby is the swap and sale opportunities if you don’t adore your purchases.
      Bronze Goddess is one of my faves too. We are a little linked.

7. Anna says:

I have received wish by chopard as a birthday gift recently and am pleasantly surprised it lasted for many hours. It is not what I usually wear but very good.

8. Anna says: