Top 10 Movie Dance Scenes Of All Time

Post by Portia

Heya Crew,

I grew up dancing and it gives me a thrill still to watch it done well. Though I think they should have included America from West Side Story, as close to perfection as anything I’ve ever seen. It’s under the Top 10. Even now it makes my heart so full I get choked up.

West Side story Album

Please enjoy.

Top 10 Movie Dance Scenes Of All Time

West Side Story-America

12 comments on “Top 10 Movie Dance Scenes Of All Time

1. Sandra says:

Best way to start the day. Thank you for sharing Portia! Sandra xo

2. Ellen says:

Thanks for a wonderful trip through many years of cinematic dance. Wonderful Wonderful. I’m so glad you included West Side Story.

3. Jackie b says:

I loved this post, so full of life and energy. Almost made me click my heels all the way to the supermarket!

4. hellkat Jen says:

That really was a fab link, not only with several movies in it that I haven’t seen, and REALLY now need to see (and I never knew about those Busby Berkeley pianos!)

But you are TOTALLY right: it is definitely lacking “America”.

Hi there hellkat Jen,
      Yes, I LOVE Busby Berkeley. When I was in plays and stuff there were always BB references so a girlfriend and I watched a few of his choreographic movies. So fun and awe inspiring.

5. Fifi says:

Thanks for sharing this! Of course they left many faves out (Strictly Ballroom should have been in the top 10!) but the Bollywood one was wonderful and I hadn’t heard of that. Love it!
    Fifi

Hi there Fifi,
      Lovely to see you. Yes, Strictly Ballroom was a wonderful movie. That final dance is amazing.

Than was one of the most enjoyable links I’ve come across in the last several months! Thank you for sharing, dear Portia.
    Undina recently posted…ScentBird, ScentTrunk and Olfactif – Who’s the Fairest of Them All?My Profile