Slowdive by Hiram Green 2017

Val the Cookie Queen

Hey APJ

Smells Like Honey.

It is always such a joy to bring to your attention a new launch from the quiet genius that is Hiram Green. I am guessing that
If your are reading this, you are quite probably some kind of perfume addict and therefore familiar with the the other four exquisite
eau de parfums in his collection. I have shared my thoughts on each one, here on APJ: Arbolé Arboloé, Dilettante, Moon Bloom and Shangri La.

Slowdive by Hiram Green 2017

Slowdive Hiram Green FragranticaFragrantica

Fragrantica gives these featured accords:
Top: Neroli orange flower
Heart: Tobacco blossom, beeswax, dried fruit, tuberose
Base: Honeyed resins

Hiram Green´s Slowdive – An Elixir

A Taste of Honey. Bobby Scott/Ric Marlow

“A taste of honey
Tasting much sweeter than wine

I dream of your first kiss, and then,
I feel upon my lips again,
A taste of honey, a taste of honey
Tasting much sweeter than wine

I will return, yes I will return,
I’ll comeback for the honey and you

Yours was the kiss that awoke my heart,
There lingers still, ‘though we’re far apart,
That taste of honey, a taste of honey
Tasting much sweeter than wine.”

Slowdive opens in an intriguing Drambuiesque conception. So good that you can only shake your head and wonder. Slowdive is an elixir. Smooth and subtle. Drambuie is a sweet, spiced whisky formulated to increase vigour and vitality. I have no doubt that Slowdive does exactly the same. The honey, neroli and orange blossom in Slowdive hit immediately, and then slip gracefully into the tobacco flower, a more beeswaxy note, dried fruits and resins. Deep in the middle of the medley there is a tuberose, shyly in the wings. Slowdive wraps around you, with a warmth that never overpowers. A stellar piece of work. Glorious.

Slowdive by Hiram Green honey_jars_harvest PXHerePDI

Every perfumista should try a Hiram Green scent. They are unusual enough to warrant that. Hiram offers 1ml samples, 10ml travel, and 50ml bottles, thus making it very easy to do so.

Just Like Honey. James McLeish Reid/William Adam Reid

“Just like honey
Just like honey
Just like honey
Just like honey
Just like honey
Just like honey
Just like honey
Just like honey
Just like honey.”

LuckyScent has this to say: This is the feeling of Slowdive, a richly honeyed bouquet of potent white florals, hazily syrupy and mouthwateringly sweet, with a spicy-floral tobacco blossom featured at the center. The result is a gloriously but carefully balanced overdrive of olfactive noise, a fuzz of ambered, resinous fruits, lush, narcotic florals and invigorating spice, and the newest example of Hiram Green’s remarkable ability to make disarmingly complex natural fragrances without limitation.

Further reading: Take One Think Off and Now Smell This
LuckyScent has $45/10ml
Surrender To Chance has samples from $5/0.5ml

Honey dripping bussis
CQ.

(Ed: Photos donated by Hiram Green unless specified)

12 comments on “Slowdive by Hiram Green 2017

1. Hamamelis says:

Love love Slowdive! Sweet as Tupelo Honey as the bard sings! Lovely to read you review honey dripping Cookie Queen, thank you.

2. australianperfumejunkies says:

Wearing Slowdive right now Val. O M G! Freaking good shit. My skin throws it as a mildly urinous honeyed white floral that ends up sweetly resinous and animal.
    SO GOOD!
    I think 10ml will not be enough.

3. Sandra says:

Sounds wonderful Val! I will be sure to keep an eye out for it. Sandra xo

4. Morrigan says:

This is on my list of samples to chase down. Sounds divine.

5. MMKinPA says:

My first wearing of my sample was soooo much honey. It overwhelmed everything else. I need to try it again on a quieter day and see how it develops.

6. Vanessa says:

Wow! Sounds great. I realised my beloved Immortal Beloved had both tobacco flower and beeswax in it, so this may be my new kind of thing?
    Vanessa recently posted…Stepping into niche scent Narnia: a tale of two friends and a beauteous be-tassled bottle of By Kilian Beyond LoveMy Profile

7. Jackie says:

Mmmmmm…
    Thanks for the heads-up!
    Sampled his scents a few years ago and was very moved by his personal journey.
    Will dive in again. Deep Dive.
    Cheers from the on again, off again winter/spring in North America,
    Jackie

8. Tara says:

Slowdive is so good and a really clever composition too. Love it.
    Tara recently posted…Mood Scent 4: First Love PerfumesMy Profile

9. Tara C says:

I am totally in love with this stuff! I get lots of honey, beeswax and a bit of tobacco. Have already bought 2 big bottles!

10. Maya says:

Hi CQ. You know how I love Hiram Green. Slowdive is a beautiful perfume but it’s not for me. Everything you describe is there for me for about 10 minutes, then, on me, it turns into straight honey and only honey. It’s silly but it feels as though my skin should be sticky from all the honey.

11. Shiva-Woman says:

Wearing it today. I went FB on it blind because I knew I’d love it. And I do. Perfect for our balmy spring days.
    Shiva-Woman recently posted…Slowdive by Hiram Green 2017My Profile

12. Caroline says:

Adore Moon Bloom, but the other HGs didn’t suit me. I do like the prominent honey note I get from vintage Ungaro Diva, so I am tempted to give it a shot.