Post by Portia
Hey there Crew,
Whether you celebrate or not we hope the spirit of loving your neighbour and peace on earth will be with you at this time. Here are some helpful hints to get you through Christmas 2015.
- Congratulate yourself on surviving another year more or less intact.
- Nobody gets what they want as a present, smile and thank them for the thought. Straight to Goodwill on Monday.
- Remember in times of family stress over the Christmas period, God gave you legs to walk away from a disagreement.
- No ones home is perfect, yours is fine.
- Everyone is doing their best to cope and fit in, even though it doesn’t look like it.
- Unless someone has died everything else is dealable or fixable.
- If alone on Christmas, you have to make your own joy. Spritz or dab lavishly of your most exquisite fragrance.
- Nobody wants to do the dishes while in a food coma, clear the table of empty plates, scrape them and leave them neatly in the kitchen for later.
- Think of three things you can be grateful for. Say “Thank You” out loud for each one.
- Remember you are part of the APJ International Fragrance Family and we love you to bits. Thanks for being part of our fragrant lives.
What’s going on here in Sydney? We are having 3 generations of my BFFs family for lunch and a couple of our mates. Every family brings a meat, a salad and a dessert. Jin & I also supply the booze, drinks and bread rolls. It’s very relaxed, loads of fun and I feel so blessed to have them coming, that our home fits everyone and that we get to spoil them all. The day runs from around 11am through to 4pm and then slowly people move off to their next event, there will be some late stayers who will hang out for dinner and some serious couch surfing.
Photo Stolen Fragrantica
Fragrantica gives these featured accords:
Top: Aldehydes, bergamot, lemon, neroli, ylang-ylang
Heart: Jasmine, rose, lily of the valley, iris
Base: Vetiver, sandalwood, vanilla, amber, patchouli
What fragrance will I be wearing? This is not set in stone but my idea is to wear some vintage CHANEL No 5 EdC that I bought from the Linda Beth Ross estate and some vint-ish CHANEL No 5 parfum. It’s so easy to wear in the height of summer and that lovely fizzy, out of this world bouquet is timeless. I may change my mind but that’s the plan…. Last year CHANEL No 5 worked so well for Boxing Day I wore it the next day too.
What are you doing for Christmas? Whether there are one or 100 of you please let us know. What fragrance are you wearing?
Peace be with all of you.
Portia & the APJ Crew xxx